Iowa Post game threadI part 2!

• 12 replies

Offline illiniman94

Re: Iowa Post game threadI part 2!
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2018, 09:54:39 PM »
on a side note, insiders already saying 1 and possibly two guys have already decided to leave

Is what it is
We will see but I think these insiders don't know and are just guessing.   I would be interested in who they think is leaving. Jordan's Dad is emphatic that AJ is going nowhere.  To me if he leaves he was Creaned.

« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2018, 10:22:28 PM »
Leron has terrible BIG tourneys.  His T against Michigan booted us last time he participated, and he committed some absolutely ridiculous fouls against meaningless Iowa players.

Kipper should stay, but I question whether or not he has the maturity to realize it ... we'll see.

Lucas improved significantly since his benching - he owes alot of that to Underwood whether he knows it or not.

Smith and Williams will get there.  Finke will recover from his defensive season. 

*** Hard to lose a very winnable game.  We won't even play a minute in March ... nothing, nada  :sick:

« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2018, 11:45:20 AM »
After watching the game late last night, I realized how much like a mid-major we were this year. 

We started 6'1, 6'1, 6'5, 6'6, and 6'7.  And 2 of those guy aren't good shooters outside of 5 feet.  But we play extremely hard.  I thought we played well overall.  There were some silly mistakes and some bad ones like not getting the rebound on their missed ft with about a minute left.  Foul trouble really killed our best player.  I thought AJ played well, and I would have given him more minutes, as he is really our only decent option at the 2-3 spot if we want more size.

I give a lot of credit to Iowa.  They are physically bigger, they shoot better, and they matched our intensity.  They normally shoot 70% from the line.  They were probably closer to 85% and they got to the line a lot.  They shot great from 3, and their center played a couple levels better than he has most-likely ever played.  Some of that is because we are weak like a mid major defensively in the paint.

But we play hard, and we have a premier 2-3 player coming in.  Smith and Williams will be better.  We are solid at the pg and the #4 position.  We will have depth.  The question is simply- Can we get a Center who can bang and compete inside.  If so, I think we will be getting a bye in the first round of the big tourney next year.