Total Members Voted: 11

Huskers post/Chief of the Game Thread!

• 14 replies

Offline Reaper

• Woodchipper expert
  • Fear The Reaper!!!
Huskers post/Chief of the Game Thread!
« on: February 18, 2018, 09:53:42 PM »
Finally won one, lets build some momentum going into the Big tournament.
Black gets my COG

LET IT RIP
My name is Grimm Reaper. Commander of the Death Stalkers FBB team, General of the Rude Dawgs FFB team and loyal poster on the "True" message board "The Illini Nation". Member of a pissed off fan base, supporter of a betrayed program, and I shall have my revenge in this season or the next!

Offline tbcamp

• Keep your eye on the prize
Re: Huskers post/Chief of the Game Thread!
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2018, 10:09:05 PM »
That was as well as Black has played since he's been here.

Offline illiniman94

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2018, 10:25:39 PM »
I thought the game was tonight so I was out and missed it. Sounds like Leron had a monster game and then good games from Kipper, Mark S and Trent.

Offline QCPost33

• Old UI Hippie Engineer
  • Baseball Sucks
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2018, 11:16:18 PM »
Black for COTG by a large margin. Good work by everyone else. No Finke still and only a couple minutes for Williams.
Still crazy

Offline illiniman94

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2018, 01:05:17 AM »
Black for COTG by a large margin. Good work by everyone else. No Finke still and only a couple minutes for Williams.
Has Monte been sick or did he tweak his knee.  On Friday I heard that "he was able to practice a little on Saturday"....but I didn't hear why?   I hope he didnt hurt his knee again.

Online ctibass

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2018, 01:41:53 AM »
It's good to see Mark out there putting the ball in the basket.  8 points is a solid effort for him.  I didn't expect him to come out and average double-figures every night, but at the same time, didn't expect him to average so low. 

Offline obmtl

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2018, 01:43:27 AM »
Has Monte been sick or did he tweak his knee.  On Friday I heard that "he was able to practice a little on Saturday"....but I didn't hear why?   I hope he didnt hurt his knee again.

hyperextended knee. don't know when or how it happened or if it was the same knee that was injured before.

Offline illiniman94

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2018, 11:24:27 AM »

hyperextended knee. don't know when or how it happened or if it was the same knee that was injured before.
Thanks Bud.  Hopefully this was just a one time issue and the knee doesn't continue to be an issue. He is very talented and has a Basketball IQ through the roof.

« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2018, 11:25:51 AM »
It's good to see Mark out there putting the ball in the basket.  8 points is a solid effort for him.  I didn't expect him to come out and average double-figures every night, but at the same time, didn't expect him to average so low. 
Smith has had to make quite an adjustment. I'm sure a big part of his game was to drive the lane and use his body to overpower the opposing center and his coordination to make the shot.  He sortof had a shot like this in this game.  But he has to adjust to bigger athletic centers in the B10.  He is such a good shooter imo that he should develop the 10 foot step back jumper.  This will totally change the way he is guarded and will open up the rim for him a bit.  He makes open shots and that includes free throws.  He also is a good passer. 

« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2018, 12:38:45 PM »
Black was off-the-charts good yesterday!  Smith came up big in the second half - that bodes well for next year.