NCAA Corruption Could Blow Up

• 55 replies

Offline ctibass

Re: NCAA Corruption Could Blow Up
« Reply #50 on: October 25, 2018, 05:51:56 PM »
this was the criminal trial.  the NCAA hasn't commented about this trial.  If they don't go after KU, NCState and Louisville, AT THE MINIMUM, it might as well admit that the NCAA doesn't even care if the coaches and/or universities know about or allow somebody to pay recruits to be on their teams.

Ain't that the truth.  If they don't do anything in response to this, it's going to become an open bidding war for prospects.  eBay might as well make up a site dedicated to it lol.  If i'm Underwood, I'm talking to my apparel rep, and I'm talking to boosters to start getting a war chest ready in the event it becomes apparent the NCAA is not going to do anything.  And, in the event the NCAA tries to go after the smaller schools, I'd have lawyers ready to sue them into disolving.

Offline Hawk

« Reply #51 on: October 26, 2018, 12:03:12 PM »
this was the criminal trial.  the NCAA hasn't commented about this trial.  If they don't go after KU, NCState and Louisville, AT THE MINIMUM, it might as well admit that the NCAA doesn't even care if the coaches and/or universities know about or allow somebody to pay recruits to be on their teams.

Ain't that the truth.  If they don't do anything in response to this, it's going to become an open bidding war for prospects.  eBay might as well make up a site dedicated to it lol.  If i'm Underwood, I'm talking to my apparel rep, and I'm talking to boosters to start getting a war chest ready in the event it becomes apparent the NCAA is not going to do anything.  And, in the event the NCAA tries to go after the smaller schools, I'd have lawyers ready to sue them into disolving.

obviously I don't legal stuff that much, TB would be the one to ask, but it at least seems to me that its geti=ting to the point where IF they don't do anything they could be leaving things open to get sued by schools they DO decide to punish for similar instances. You cant treat one school totally different then another, and if you have clear evidence out there of paying players either directly or indirectly and you do nothing I would have to think legally you could be handcuffing yourself to be able to do anything to anybody
If you don't read the papers you're uninformed. If you do read them, you're misinformed - Mark Twain

Offline obmtl

« Reply #52 on: October 26, 2018, 08:19:20 PM »
I'm not a lawyer either, but given the UNC academic fraud and the complete abdication on that by the NCAA, I would think they are on thin ice with any academic probations or penalties. If I were an athletic director or university president and my school was penalized for academic problems you can bet I would sue and UNC would be front and center in my case against the NCAA.

Offline ctibass

« Reply #53 on: October 26, 2018, 10:13:19 PM »

obviously I don't legal stuff that much, TB would be the one to ask, but it at least seems to me that its geti=ting to the point where IF they don't do anything they could be leaving things open to get sued by schools they DO decide to punish for similar instances. You cant treat one school totally different then another, and if you have clear evidence out there of paying players either directly or indirectly and you do nothing I would have to think legally you could be handcuffing yourself to be able to do anything to anybody

I wouldn't be surprised if SMU wasn't at least consulting attorneys in response to this.  Their football program was destroyed costing them probably billions of dollars for a pay-to-play scheme.  Not saying they'd win, but I'd at least be talking to my attorneys if I were them.

« Reply #54 on: November 07, 2018, 08:47:44 AM »

Offline Hawk

« Reply #55 on: November 07, 2018, 10:48:07 AM »
NCAA can start investigating...interesting to see where this will go.

https://sports.yahoo.com/feds-give-ncaa-go-ahead-begin-investigating-certain-schools-tied-college-hoops-scandal-030502043.html

LOL....it will go nowhere...they've known this was going on and did nothing before except to the schools they knew wernt major factors in making them money
If you don't read the papers you're uninformed. If you do read them, you're misinformed - Mark Twain