NCAA Corruption Could Blow Up

• 57 replies

Offline Big Phil

• The Illini Doctor of Love
  • The Doctor is IN
Re: NCAA Corruption Could Blow Up
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2018, 11:35:32 PM »
sure am glad we didn't hire Chuck Martin, everyone remember when we discussed him as a 3rd assistant?
Bite it Big Ten, here come the MIGHTY ILLINI

« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2018, 11:52:29 PM »
now saying Michigan State and the Loosiers are on Tape about Bowen too lol......

You know what, seeing programs around us burn to the ground, this is quickly turning into the greatest down season in Illinois history.

Offline obmtl

« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2018, 12:45:27 AM »
As I understand it this only describes the dealings with ASM Sports. How bad would it look if all of the cheating with other wheeler dealers in the underground were outed as well? Would anybody be left with a clean slate?

Offline tbcamp

• Keep your eye on the prize
« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2018, 12:52:58 AM »
MSU and Maryland look implicated. That's it for our league, from what I see. Duke and UNC are deep in this. Kentucky and Kansas too. As far as the SEC, Auburn, Bama, LSU, A&M, South Carolina, Kentucky, Tenn, so far. The teams I saw that look bad include ND and Shaka's  Texas. This is the FBI and the Treasury Dept. The NCAA is going to have to address this or be gone. Finally. And Miller is an idiot. Do you think his brother is innocent? And we have an assistant coach who has been around some very funky cheese.

« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2018, 02:05:28 AM »
MSU and Maryland look implicated. That's it for our league, from what I see. Duke and UNC are deep in this. Kentucky and Kansas too. As far as the SEC, Auburn, Bama, LSU, A&M, South Carolina, Kentucky, Tenn, so far. The teams I saw that look bad include ND and Shaka's  Texas. This is the FBI and the Treasury Dept. The NCAA is going to have to address this or be gone. Finally. And Miller is an idiot. Do you think his brother is innocent? And we have an assistant coach who has been around some very funky cheese.
This stuff helps to explain the 'miraculous rise of SEC basketball'  ;)

I want to watch games where TV mentions players majors again when they shoot FTs - even if the declared major is basketball
« Last Edit: February 24, 2018, 02:07:02 AM by Original Joe »

Offline illiniman94

« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2018, 10:36:37 AM »
Obviously this helps with Jones, but he said that he has two dream schools....Zona and UCLA....so hopefully he chooses us but we will see.

and LOL some dude on Twitter is saying that we will get Shaq's kid.

Offline illiniman94

« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2018, 10:38:29 AM »
so are there so many big name schools implicated does this end up being a situation where these coaches retain their jobs because there won't be as much heat on them locally if they were the only ones.

Offline Big Phil

• The Illini Doctor of Love
  • The Doctor is IN
« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2018, 11:57:17 AM »
The NCAA will end up giving everyone a Mulligan lol
Bite it Big Ten, here come the MIGHTY ILLINI

Offline obmtl

« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2018, 12:48:45 PM »
I'm sure the NCAA spinmeisters are already preparing their explanations of why punishment of the guilty would be bad for everybody.

« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2018, 04:05:34 PM »
I'm sure the NCAA spinmeisters are already preparing their explanations of why punishment of the guilty would be bad for everybody.

Simple answer:  $$$$$$$$