Bulls' Direction

• 15 replies

Offline ctibass

Re: Bulls' Direction
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2018, 05:27:54 PM »
I don't think GAR/PAX counted on there being so many crappy teams. Right now there are 8 teams within 2 games of having the worst record in the league and NY isn't to far off of that pace. Niko threw things off with his play when he returned but the Bulls need to limit the minutes for Dunn and Lavine going forward in order to keep sucking.
fair point

Still giving GarPax too much credit for having a plan

Offline joker2305

« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2018, 11:44:17 PM »
I don't think GAR/PAX counted on there being so many crappy teams. Right now there are 8 teams within 2 games of having the worst record in the league and NY isn't to far off of that pace. Niko threw things off with his play when he returned but the Bulls need to limit the minutes for Dunn and Lavine going forward in order to keep sucking.
as much as i want a great draft pick, i think lavine could become the real deal! he's looked great since coming back from his acl tear, and had the game winning steal/ dunk tonight. this after taking over the fourth quarter and sinking the winning free throws to beat minnesota the other night...with butler guarding him! markennen has also been very impressive, effective both inside and out. not sure where we'll finish the season. but if we're in the lottery, and get new orleans' first rounder, i think we'll have the building blocks to build a balanced team that can compete for the next 5-7 years
"I see pride! I see power! I see a badass mudda, who don't take no shit off of nobody!"

Offline Hawk

« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2018, 02:45:57 PM »
as much as i want a great draft pick, i think lavine could become the real deal! he's looked great since coming back from his acl tear, and had the game winning steal/ dunk tonight. this after taking over the fourth quarter and sinking the winning free throws to beat minnesota the other night...with butler guarding him! markennen has also been very impressive, effective both inside and out. not sure where we'll finish the season. but if we're in the lottery, and get new orleans' first rounder, i think we'll have the building blocks to build a balanced team that can compete for the next 5-7 years

compete sure, but not win a title...need somebody from that top 3 talent in this draft
If you don't read the papers you're uninformed. If you do read them, you're misinformed - Mark Twain

Offline joker2305

« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2018, 02:22:06 PM »
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/22671667/chicago-bulls-league-discussing-team-lineup-choices

wow! the bulls actually get called out by the league for tanking :ROTFL1:. it seems like the front office has shifted philosophies in the past year. starting basically when we got rose, to when we traded jimmy, the front office seemed content to put out a good- great regular season team, that would always make the playoffs but never seriously contend for a title. however, it seems they finally realized they needed to drastically change what they were doing. first they trade jimmy, then Niko for a first rounder (tho, would you stop winning, New Orleans?!). now, it seems like they're tanking to improve their original 2018 pick as much as possible. I get that we're still not close to contending, but it does feel like we're finally on the right path. I'm already excited to see what we'll do in this year's draft!
"I see pride! I see power! I see a badass mudda, who don't take no shit off of nobody!"

Offline ctibass

« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2018, 02:45:15 PM »
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/22671667/chicago-bulls-league-discussing-team-lineup-choices

wow! the bulls actually get called out by the league for tanking :ROTFL1:. it seems like the front office has shifted philosophies in the past year. starting basically when we got rose, to when we traded jimmy, the front office seemed content to put out a good- great regular season team, that would always make the playoffs but never seriously contend for a title. however, it seems they finally realized they needed to drastically change what they were doing. first they trade jimmy, then Niko for a first rounder (tho, would you stop winning, New Orleans?!). now, it seems like they're tanking to improve their original 2018 pick as much as possible. I get that we're still not close to contending, but it does feel like we're finally on the right path. I'm already excited to see what we'll do in this year's draft!

GarPax will still find a way to screw it up.  I have 0 faith in them at the moment (if that's not obvious), and just don't see them making the right decision even if we end up with the #1 pick...

Offline Reaper

• Woodchipper expert
  • Fear The Reaper!!!
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2018, 07:55:23 AM »

GarPax will still find a way to screw it up.  I have 0 faith in them at the moment (if that's not obvious), and just don't see them making the right decision even if we end up with the #1 pick...

I feel the exact same way that ctibass does.
My name is Grimm Reaper. Commander of the Death Stalkers FBB team, General of the Rude Dawgs FFB team and loyal poster on the "True" message board "The Illini Nation". Member of a pissed off fan base, supporter of a betrayed program, and I shall have my revenge in this season or the next!