tO$U Post game thread!!

• 5 replies

Offline Reaper

• Woodchipper expert
  • Fear The Reaper!!!
tO$U Post game thread!!
« on: February 04, 2018, 05:52:33 PM »
Another winable game that we let get away.
* 7:40 left, on the line with a chance to go 6 and TBL misses 2 ft's
* Greg E. Fouls on 2nd miss and they hit 2 fts. It was all down hill from there.
* I'm not even going to talk about Trent fouling out Black by being inpatient.

Let it RIP!!!!
My name is Grimm Reaper. Commander of the Death Stalkers FBB team, General of the Rude Dawgs FFB team and loyal poster on the "True" message board "The Illini Nation". Member of a pissed off fan base, supporter of a betrayed program, and I shall have my revenge in this season or the next!

Offline Big Phil

• The Illini Doctor of Love
  • The Doctor is IN
Re: tO$U Post game thread!!
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2018, 06:48:46 PM »
its all about next year. Get Jones, Okoro and a Juco big guy for next year and we'll be fine. Still about 2-3 players short, is what it is. I see the ability though. We don't have a guy like Diop.
Bite it Big Ten, here come the MIGHTY ILLINI

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2018, 06:52:44 PM »
Another winable game that we let get away.
* 7:40 left, on the line with a chance to go 6 and TBL misses 2 ft's
* Greg E. Fouls on 2nd miss and they hit 2 fts. It was all down hill from there.
* I'm not even going to talk about Trent fouling out Black by being inpatient.

Let it RIP!!!!
Yep - We snatched defeat from the jaws of victory

OSU's Tate and refs presented the game to us on a silver platter.  Alstork clangs the 1st ... TJL misses 2 straight 20 seconds later ... hack on the rebound, they of course hit both ... you knew we were dead meat after that point

Offline tbcamp

• Keep your eye on the prize
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2018, 03:32:34 PM »
Short on talent. Lucas reminds me of Larry Smith. All that talent on those late 80's teams, and he always thought he was the man. He's a good 12 minute reserve on a good team.

Offline illiniman94

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2018, 03:49:37 PM »
I was shocked when somebody said Alstork had 19 points. I had to check the box score because it felt to me like he had his typical 7 or 8 and then key foul late in game 40 feet from the bucket.   

It is next to impossible to win when Leron has an off game because Trent seems to be the only other guy picking up the scoring slack.  Finke started well and then went ice cold and defensively he can't stop anybody.  Kipper and Leron getting 4 fouls was the end of the game, IMO. 

Offline Reaper

• Woodchipper expert
  • Fear The Reaper!!!
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2018, 05:05:22 PM »
Kipper's 5th was a mystery foul. The to$u player created the contact and Kipper had his hands straight up.
Black's 5th was all Trent's fault. Trent didn't wait for Black's screen and started his drive too soon causing the illegal pick by Black. You could see BU yell and Trent "That is on you".
My name is Grimm Reaper. Commander of the Death Stalkers FBB team, General of the Rude Dawgs FFB team and loyal poster on the "True" message board "The Illini Nation". Member of a pissed off fan base, supporter of a betrayed program, and I shall have my revenge in this season or the next!