Total Members Voted: 13

RUTGERS Post/Chief of the game thread!

• 10 replies

Offline Reaper

• Woodchipper expert
  • Fear The Reaper!!!
RUTGERS Post/Chief of the game thread!
« on: January 30, 2018, 10:11:08 PM »
Did we turn the corner or is Rutgers that bad?

Trent is the real deal, been waiting for him to cool off but he continues to be solid
* Black was steady as usual
* Kipper had a great game, glad to see him get out of his funk.
* I want to see Vesel get some clock.

Trent gets my COG for breaking the game open.
LET IT RIP!!!
« Last Edit: January 30, 2018, 10:28:07 PM by Reaper »
My name is Grimm Reaper. Commander of the Death Stalkers FBB team, General of the Rude Dawgs FFB team and loyal poster on the "True" message board "The Illini Nation". Member of a pissed off fan base, supporter of a betrayed program, and I shall have my revenge in this season or the next!

Online ctibass

Re: RUTGERS Post/Chief of the game thread!
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2018, 10:16:23 PM »
Trent is the easy pick for Chief with the way he went on a tear in the first half to spur us to a double-digit lead that we never looked back from.  This is the kind of game we always wanted under both Groce and Weber.  In conference play, knock them down and step on their throat.  If they can't stop us, oh well. 

I think the win over Indiana was the corner turn we needed.  Let's have a good showing against tOSU, and then we have a stretch of easily winnable games to put us back in the middle of the pack.

Online ctibass

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2018, 10:17:41 PM »
And while Rutgers is now last in the B1G, coming into tonight they were 1st in the conference and 6th in the nation with only 62 ppg given up, and we put up 91 on them.

Offline obmtl

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2018, 10:18:22 PM »
total beatdown. game looks a lot easier when shots fall. actually looked like an offense tonight and defense was decent as well. had some rough stretches for some guys, but Frazier blew up for 4 threes in a short span and it snowballed from there. good to have a easy one.

Offline illiniman94

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2018, 10:35:26 PM »
I went Kipper for Chief as it was another good game for him. Wold have went Trent but too many silly fouls a bad pass or two for TO ..that kept him on the bench more than needed to be.

Good win but still disappointed with all the open 3's Finke misses and Mark Smith really needs to have a break out game soon to get his confidence.  He is struggling longer than I thought he would.

Offline QCPost33

• Old UI Hippie Engineer
  • Baseball Sucks
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2018, 02:27:24 AM »
I went with Trent for COTG because of his shots in the first half that broke the game open. Kipper was my second choice.
Still crazy

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2018, 02:42:57 AM »
Went with Kipper for earning the start for tonight - and - for Sunday against tOSU

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2018, 09:36:00 AM »
Just managed to watch the replay.  At 32-16, and Trent just knocking down 5 straight, He has to be the CotG.  But kudos to the entire team.  Kipper is finally playing with the energy we expected.  Lucas is playing some incredible defense.  Finke is hitting the glass and his shot is right there but not falling.  Black is still a force. Even Alstork hit a 3 and is playing well.  If Smith would figure it out, we might, at least, knock some people out of the tourney.

Offline Hawk

« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2018, 11:09:42 AM »
Did we turn the corner or is Rutgers that bad?

yep lol
If you don't read the papers you're uninformed. If you do read them, you're misinformed - Mark Twain

Offline DeezNutz

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2018, 11:52:03 AM »
Nice to win a laugher for once.  Been far too long.