• 9 replies

Offline Reaper

• Woodchipper expert
  • Fear The Reaper!!!
IU Post/Chief of the game thread!
« on: January 25, 2018, 08:08:22 AM »
It's been a while since we have done one of these  :nonono:

* We still struggle to close games out. FT's  :Wallbash: :Wallbash:
* Black was solid again as he has been all year.
* Kipper showing signs of life, followed up his Sparty performance with a solid outing.
* Some one please tell BU that his blazer is not orange, it's PEACH. He has to burn that thing!
* Smith seems lost out there, I really hope he turns the corner and starts to become more dependable.
* Trent gets my COG. There was a stretch in the 1st half where he kept us in the game.

LET IT RIP!!!!!
My name is Grimm Reaper. Commander of the Death Stalkers FBB team, General of the Rude Dawgs FFB team and loyal poster on the "True" message board "The Illini Nation". Member of a pissed off fan base, supporter of a betrayed program, and I shall have my revenge in this season or the next!

Re: IU Post/Chief of the game thread!
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2018, 08:27:06 AM »
Trent but Black was solid as well - just Happy we beat the Loosiers
The Chief will live forever in the hearts of all Illini fans!

Offline ctibass

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2018, 10:15:16 AM »
Went with Black.  Both played amazing, but Trent lost COTG from me when he missed those 2 free throws at the end that would've iced the game, while Black seemed to make all of his at the end of the game.

Offline illiniman94

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2018, 02:12:38 PM »
I went with Te' Jon because Trent and Leron were huge but Trent almost single handedly gave the game away in the last minute, and Leron's foul trouble hurt us.  Te'Jon just came up unexpectedly big IMO and I really like the line up with Lucas and Trent playing at the same time. I think Tejon should start over Alstork   

Offline Hawk

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2018, 03:31:59 PM »
holy shit we won a game!!!
If you don't read the papers you're uninformed. If you do read them, you're misinformed - Mark Twain

Offline QCPost33

• Old UI Hippie Engineer
  • Baseball Sucks
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2018, 04:40:22 PM »
I went with Lucas for COTG. He played a lot of minutes with good defense and intensity. That quick pass to Kipper for the three was really good. and he made his second 3 of the year.
Still crazy

Offline player25

• You play to win the game!
  • Where's Efrem, I'll throw him an alley-oop!
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2018, 01:15:10 AM »
Went with Black as COTG.   :cheering:

Lucas and Frazier were close 2nds. 

I like this team and love this coaching staff.

When this team gells, ..... lookout!   :Clapping:

This team will still make the NCAA Tourney!  NIT at worst, but this team about to go on a run and get hot!

:AH:

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2018, 02:11:16 AM »
Went with Lucas for COTG

He hit big FT's down the stretch, played within himself

Underwood got exactly what he needed from TJL and said as much post game

Lucas could have imploded after the suspension but manned-up and took his medicine

Offline illiniman94

« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2018, 12:00:05 PM »
Went with Lucas for COTG

He hit big FT's down the stretch, played within himself

Underwood got exactly what he needed from TJL and said as much post game

Lucas could have imploded after the suspension but manned-up and took his medicine

Exactly and if it was just weed that is no big deal. Kids now  days smoke weed like guys my age drank beer.  Hopefully he learned and back off, at least during the season. He seems like a good kid from everything I have heard and I think the fan base has been way too critical of him this year.  In a 3-4 game stretch he was the only offense we had for long stretches before Trent started his run.  Sure he missed some free throws, but he also made some shots.  He plays tough defense and is a great penetrator and finishes well for a guy of his size.  IMO, he has a significant role on this team going forward even with Ayo and if Monte and Mark start playing how we know they can.  You can't have enough quality guards in today's game and especially in Brad's all out attacking defense and high movement offense.

« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2018, 03:00:54 PM »
Even though I don't live in hoosierville any more It's still the most important game of the year for us to win (to me).  Ugly down the stretch but nice to finally pull one out.   COTG to the hoosiers for missing enough free ones to fill a canoe.  I know they aren't  eligible, so I'll go with Black.