Wisky Post Game Thread!

• 10 replies

Offline Reaper

• Woodchipper expert
  • Fear The Reaper!!!
Wisky Post Game Thread!
« on: January 20, 2018, 04:34:17 PM »
I just keep telling myself that things will get better ...................... :sick:

LET IT RIP!!!
My name is Grimm Reaper. Commander of the Death Stalkers FBB team, General of the Rude Dawgs FFB team and loyal poster on the "True" message board "The Illini Nation". Member of a pissed off fan base, supporter of a betrayed program, and I shall have my revenge in this season or the next!

Offline Big Phil

• The Illini Doctor of Love
  • The Doctor is IN
Re: Wisky Post Game Thread!
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2018, 07:13:22 PM »
we suck, it will get better because it can't get worse lol
Bite it Big Ten, here come the MIGHTY ILLINI

Offline hhbj

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2018, 10:53:57 PM »
It can chang in a hurry year I?ve year. Just need the two or thre players that brings it all together. I can remember some fantastic turn arounds. Our former AD really hurt us, but that is in the past, just need to look forward.

Offline Big Phil

• The Doctor is IN
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2018, 10:26:06 AM »
It can chang in a hurry year I?ve year. Just need the two or thre players that brings it all together. I can remember some fantastic turn arounds. Our former AD really hurt us, but that is in the past, just need to look forward.

agreed!

Offline illiniman94

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2018, 11:08:09 AM »
Great post man.

Offline bwbp3

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2018, 01:10:46 PM »
My roommate went to UNC so I watch a lot of their games. This team of theirs that is top 10 team right now makes a lot of the same dumbass plays that we do. Thats what I'm hanging my hat on at the moment. We can go two different routes to getting back to relevant. Get better talent that has boneheaded TOs and defensive breakdowns, or clean up the inefficiencies. Obvious, both would be the ideal situation and I do think is more attainable than most believe...but holy shit is this team getting frustrating to watch. To the point where I'm nervous BU will get impatient and want out or something...

Offline illiniman94

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2018, 02:38:48 PM »
BU knows he has to get his players and he will. Ayo was a huge get and I feel good about Liddell and oKoro. Obviously we need more 2018 help so Tevian Jones is a critical get and I think we end up with a top juco big man more than likely. Penn Johnson I guess is still possible but I think that is a long shot because like Phil and I have talked offline, he seems to be a West Coast guy.

Anyway I get the frustration but I think we will be much better next year and that might be addition by subtraction.

Offline lwchicago

• If you could turn back the hands of time
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2018, 09:24:29 PM »
For me this game was the first game I thought that Brad got out coached. It wasn't a loss it was a a@@ whooping  !!!
When life gets tough........I get tougher

Offline illiniman94

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2018, 09:55:04 AM »
For me this game was the first game I thought that Brad got out coached. It wasn't a loss it was a a@@ whooping  !!!
I'm thankful I wasn't feeling well and fell asleep, thus missing the game.  The other losses have been tough but we were in every one of those games could easily be a team with  1-3 losses....but ass whoopings like those are tough to watch and leave a mark.

Hopefully we turn that around against Sparty tonight and are competitive and maybe even steal a win.  I am not very optimistic that this will happen.  We can't have Nichols acting like he is in another universe and or Finke not going double digits scoring.

Offline Big Phil

• The Doctor is IN
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2018, 02:00:30 PM »

Yeah I think every position in the program got smoked even the trainer lol