Recruiting Thread

• 559 replies

Offline illiniman94

Recruiting Thread
« on: January 17, 2018, 03:08:02 PM »
So Teeshon Cherry just committed to ASU.  He was never more than twitter fodder for us but we were hoping for a visit but no surprise that we didn't get one. 

What the hell is up with ASU?  Man I hate Hurley (rat face junior) but he is puling in the talent.  Remember the 6'6 to 60 scoring machine from Europe that came down to ASU and us?  I hate to say it but he may be building a power house out in Arizona.

Mid year, big man transfer form Miss St., Schnider Herard is visiting Maryland today and then supposedly announcing by end of week. Rumor is that we lead big time going in to this visit and that we have much more PT available than his other schools, so hopefully we lock him down.

Staff also looking at a JUCO big man Yuat Alok, supposedly best one in the country

[youtube][/youtube]

Rumor is also that Francis Okoro is going to be announcing his commitment soon which should be good news since we are supposedly way in the lead on him.

Offline Big Phil

• The Illini Doctor of Love
  • The Doctor is IN
Re: Recruiting Thread
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2018, 05:10:40 PM »
The same people reporting those rumors have been wrong so many times I'm just waiting for the announcement
Bite it Big Ten, here come the MIGHTY ILLINI

Offline illiniman94

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2018, 06:10:48 PM »
The same people reporting those rumors have been wrong so many times I'm just waiting for the announcement
LOL no doubt....that is why they call them rumors. 

Yep, I too want to hear to hear the real word the horses mouth. I also want to land Tevian Jones.  We really need a talented wing for next year....Man if we get Jones, and these two big dudes for 18 along with Ayo and then Liddell and Okoro in 19 watch the hell out....then Miller in 20 (I could see him reclassifying because he looks ready now as a sophomore).

but yeah, pipe dreams until we get these guys inked.

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2018, 06:54:11 PM »
Pipe dreams isn't that what Te'Jon has?
The Chief will live forever in the hearts of all Illini fans!

Offline illiniman94

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2018, 10:28:17 AM »
Pipe dreams isn't that what Te'Jon has?
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL....I think he already made that dream come true.  :D

Offline Big Phil

• The Doctor is IN
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2018, 05:24:06 PM »
a few sites are reporting Herard has enrolled in classes at Illinois

Offline illiniman94

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2018, 06:52:31 PM »
I heard the other day that he was a heavy Illini lean so it would need to surprise me.

Offline illiniman94

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2018, 02:24:07 PM »
And Herad chooses Maryland. Apparently we have big man repellent. Enjoy riding the pine at MD.

Offline Big Phil

• The Doctor is IN
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2018, 07:10:36 PM »
Guys, its gonna be a long year next year if we don't get some bigs. We just can't close the deal

« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2018, 07:54:41 PM »
We?re paying this guy 3 mil to make Illinois great again.  It?s not time to panic yet but I?m not impressed. Recruiting is starting to become a concern. Ayo won?t make a difference if we don?t find some shooters and some rebounders.