Iowa Post game thread

• 22 replies

Offline Big Phil

• The Illini Doctor of Love
  • The Doctor is IN
Re: Iowa Post game thread
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2018, 02:42:19 PM »
Guys I can forgive FRESHMEN for being up and down, thats expected. The rest, can't happen
Bite it Big Ten, here come the MIGHTY ILLINI

« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2018, 12:55:23 AM »
That loss after up 20 drove me to a strong glass of Fireball.
I know they are all trying - Finke's loss of touch on the 3 is killing us IMO.
and his lack of defense as well.  He is our only legitimate B1G sized front court player, other than maybe Greg and he is learning but raw. We were absolutely torched by Iowa's big guys, who are talented but that is no excuse.  We needed double digit scoring, near double digit rebounding and solid defense from Finke in the B1G this year and he isn't delivering it.  That puts so much pressure on Leron and Kipper (who by the way is horrible finishing at the rim...how many times has he has a lay up and threw it at the bottom side of the rim?) and those guys simply aren't big enough to keep from fouling out of games.
Ill take Finke's defense over the way Black played D on Thursday.  But Leron has a bit of an excuse in that his offense isn't a disappearing act.  We got very little from anyone not named Trent Frazier and AJ.  We let a bunch of slow bigs utterly destroy us.  I thought yu guys were crazy calling for Finke to sit the bench.  After Iowa, maybe he should sit the entire first half against Nebraska.

Offline player25

• You play to win the game!
  • Where's Efrem, I'll throw him an alley-oop!
« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2018, 11:29:13 PM »
Frazier
Williams
Nichols
Black
Eboigbodin

Starting five

:AH: