Iowa Post game thread

• 22 replies

Offline illiniman94

Re: Iowa Post game thread
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2018, 11:59:38 PM »
So does anybody know what Lucas did to get suspended?

Any chance we can get Muhteets on that Tizzy 6,000 calorie diet and have him bulked up and ready to play D by Saturday?

Offline obmtl

« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2018, 12:06:45 AM »
don't rush Matic. we don't play until Monday.

Offline illiniman94

« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2018, 12:11:33 AM »
don't rush Matic. we don't play until Monday.
:icon_biggrin: :icon_biggrin:

It's sad when all we have left is jokes about our project being ready to play now.

Oh well, life goes on but man our lack of size on the front court is killing us. We were powerless to stop Iowa if they got the ball anywhere near the block or paint....and it is going to continue that way as long as we get in foul trouble and Finke doesn't do anything in offense to get fouls on their bigs or at least tire them out chasing him.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 12:16:06 AM by illiniman94 »

Offline illiniman94

« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2018, 12:16:51 AM »
Okay on the positive side. Damn how good is Trent?

Offline illiniman94

« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2018, 12:26:40 AM »
Damn Brad is calling these guys out......saying nobody is stepping up to lead or hold anybody accountable....said Finke is 6'11 and he has to rebound.  Past teams hated losing and were ready to play every night when the lights came on..  I hope it works because he is clearly trying to light some fires and I am all for it.  It's time to call these guys out and see what they are made of. It's gonna get really ugly or it will turn. I don't see any in between.

Offline obmtl

« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2018, 12:27:36 AM »
tonight Trent was good. He wasn't so good at Michigan. Up and down - like everybody else on the team. Some of the ups for other guys are hard to find though.

game in game out, or even from one half to another, we never know who will have their heads on straight.

Offline illiniman94

« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2018, 12:37:48 AM »
Right and I was hard on Trent after Michigan game,  but other than black he has been our most consistent player and has heart. You can tell he hates losing.  It's sad but I am honk he is now going to have to be the leader of this team because Alstork, Finke and black sure the heck don't seem to be doing it.

« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2018, 08:45:16 AM »
That loss after up 20 drove me to a strong glass of Fireball.
I know they are all trying - Finke's loss of touch on the 3 is killing us IMO.
The Chief will live forever in the hearts of all Illini fans!

Offline illiniman94

« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2018, 11:49:12 AM »
That loss after up 20 drove me to a strong glass of Fireball.
I know they are all trying - Finke's loss of touch on the 3 is killing us IMO.
and his lack of defense as well.  He is our only legitimate B1G sized front court player, other than maybe Greg and he is learning but raw. We were absolutely torched by Iowa's big guys, who are talented but that is no excuse.  We needed double digit scoring, near double digit rebounding and solid defense from Finke in the B1G this year and he isn't delivering it.  That puts so much pressure on Leron and Kipper (who by the way is horrible finishing at the rim...how many times has he has a lay up and threw it at the bottom side of the rim?) and those guys simply aren't big enough to keep from fouling out of games.

Offline Hawk

« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2018, 02:22:52 PM »
320 days without a conference win in any money sport (WBB, MBB, MFB) damn.

:gulp:
If you don't read the papers you're uninformed. If you do read them, you're misinformed - Mark Twain