Iowa Post game thread

• 22 replies

Offline Reaper

• Woodchipper expert
  • Fear The Reaper!!!
Iowa Post game thread
« on: January 11, 2018, 11:31:33 PM »
The sad part is that I'm numb to losing at this point. Wasted a big time buzzer beater by Trent.

LET IT RIP!!!!
My name is Grimm Reaper. Commander of the Death Stalkers FBB team, General of the Rude Dawgs FFB team and loyal poster on the "True" message board "The Illini Nation". Member of a pissed off fan base, supporter of a betrayed program, and I shall have my revenge in this season or the next!

Offline illiniman94

Re: Iowa Post game thread
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2018, 11:35:06 PM »
Fukk Finke. He needs to ride the pine the rest of the year. 2 points and 1 rebound is unacceptable for junior who was supposed to be best player.  Alstork sucks too. Play the freshmen, black and nichols

Offline obmtl

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2018, 11:36:26 PM »
So illinois.

fouls, a boatload of late turnovers, rebounding. we got killed at the foul line and on the glass. ballgame.

Offline Big Phil

• The Illini Doctor of Love
  • The Doctor is IN
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2018, 11:38:09 PM »
Ohio State, 5-0 and first place in B10
Oklahoma State Overachieving
LSU in the bracket right now
NCSU? Better than us

all the teams who made new hires are light years ahead of us even though preseason picks said worse or equal.

Why? Curse of the Chief? Players? Coaches?

LONG way to go here guys. I think its embedded losing culture in almost everyone associated with this program. May be several years away. Like Foosball.

Anyway, play for next year at this point. Okra, Liddell, whoever, get em in here.
Bite it Big Ten, here come the MIGHTY ILLINI

Offline Big Phil

• The Doctor is IN
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2018, 11:38:46 PM »
Okoro not Okra although I like fried Okra!

Offline Big Phil

• The Doctor is IN
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2018, 11:39:59 PM »
Guys one other thing:

To me, its defense. Against maryland, they buried us in OT, scored 1.4 PPP and tonight, exact same. 1.4. It's like we give up.

Offline Big Phil

• The Doctor is IN
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2018, 11:42:34 PM »
320 days without a conference win in any money sport (WBB, MBB, MFB) damn.

Offline obmtl

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2018, 11:46:50 PM »
Guys one other thing:

To me, its defense. Against maryland, they buried us in OT, scored 1.4 PPP and tonight, exact same. 1.4. It's like we give up.

We lost by 1 to Maryland and that on a very last second foul.

Tonight we were without Black, Nichols and Alstork in the OT. Alstork maybe didn't hurt so much but Nichols and Black had been decent until they fouled out.

the entire second half we had no defense in the middle, and couldn't keep them off the glass. gave up a lot of layups. gave up a lot of 3s as well. have to pput 2 halves together - good halves not bad ones. HAVE TO STOP FOULING SO MUCH.

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2018, 11:50:34 PM »
This hurt - B A D

Lots of blame to go around.  Lucas received warnings no doubt ... mental discipline lacking on this teams part

Finke is and remains lost.  He's a 4 with deficient post skills whose confidence is gone - maybe for the season

Alstork and Black both shoulda been T'd up on their 5th ... and woulda been on the road.

Where would this team be without Frazier ?!?!?!?!?!?

Offline Big Phil

• The Doctor is IN
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2018, 11:53:28 PM »
Guys one other thing:

We lost by 1 to Maryland and that on a very last second foul.

Tonight we were without Black, Nichols and Alstork in the OT. Alstork maybe didn't hurt so much but Nichols and Black had been decent until they fouled out.

the entire second half we had no defense in the middle, and couldn't keep them off the glass. gave up a lot of layups. gave up a lot of 3s as well. have to pput 2 halves together - good halves not bad ones. HAVE TO STOP FOULING SO MUCH.

i meant defense buried us sorry on that. same deal, scored at will. difference was we scored also in that one