Minnesota post game thread!

• 4 replies

Offline Reaper

• Woodchipper expert
  • Fear The Reaper!!!
Minnesota post game thread!
« on: January 04, 2018, 03:20:17 PM »
Sorry guys, missed the game due to work.

LET IT RIP!!
My name is Grimm Reaper. Commander of the Death Stalkers FBB team, General of the Rude Dawgs FFB team and loyal poster on the "True" message board "The Illini Nation". Member of a pissed off fan base, supporter of a betrayed program, and I shall have my revenge in this season or the next!

Re: Minnesota post game thread!
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2018, 04:24:05 PM »
A lot of players could not shoot at all.  Finke, Kipper, AJ, Smith couldn't hit the broadside in the barn.  Black was again the best player on the court for the Illini.

Offline illiniman94

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2018, 05:03:56 PM »
Yep, what IP said.  Can't start the game 1-19 and expect to win.  Finke and AJ have to hit at least 50% of their 3's if not they are killing us.  Not having Leron for 95% of the first half with 2 fouls, one I didn't even see, absolutely killed us.

Minnesota would be great if they didn't have a moron for a HC.  That frontline is incredible and Mason is a stud PG. 

Online QCPost33

• Old UI Hippie Engineer
  • Baseball Sucks
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2018, 05:31:12 PM »
the game highlighted what having an inside rim protector can do for a team. Lots of blocked shots. When we get one our inside game will step up.
Still crazy

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2018, 06:12:07 PM »
And I'm going to harp on it some more.  The officiating in the first half was about as 1-sided as it gets.  There big guys were bigger, stronger, and more athletic than anyone we have.  And they were allowed to use every bit of that advantage to get boards.  On Blacks 2nd foul, their center threw his shoulder into him to block out.  I'm not sure what happened after but Black is on the floor with his 2nd foul.  I seen Trent try to wiggle in against their center, and not move the guy an inch and also get called for a foul.  Mark Smith stole a rebound and made a layup.  It looked pretty good, no replay, but it was called a foul.  Maybe he got his hand, but the look in Smith' eyes as he looked at the coach tells me it wasn't much if anything.  And that was as we were down maybe 10, and getting back in the game.  They hit big shots at the end and we didn't when we were down 4.  But we didn't have anyone except Black and Trent who even had confidence from 3 in this game.  Hey kudos to Alstork for playing well.  I till cant believe the 3 fouls in a row he picked up.  The last blocking foul, he was on the floor, tripping over his own feet, barely touching the guy during the last few minutes of the game.