NMSU post game thread!

• 16 replies

Offline lwchicago

• If you could turn back the hands of time
Re: NMSU post game thread!
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2017, 01:00:00 PM »
I'm certainly not happy about the loss, but the future is very bright. The other coach was smarter than the guy throwing the ball in. How many time do you see them throw that same pass into Finke or Black the same way. They were ready for it but missing Free throws and not getting a better shot i didn't like. Do trust the rest of the B10 is on notice, because they will have to play at a certain level to beat them. Sure it was fouling to much not its Turn overs. They need a big that can play center next year so black can play the 3 and Finke at 4 and they might make a deep run.
When life gets tough........I get tougher

Offline illiniman94

« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2017, 02:15:56 PM »
or play Black at the 4 and Finke backing him up.   ;)

« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2017, 07:19:21 PM »
NMSU coach said he knew what inbounds play we would run because we always run the same one

awesome lol

If that, in fact,  is the case, then our coach is an idiot.

I wonder if Underwood is aware  that there is a technology out there that shows electronic recordings of basketball games of all teams.  Some astute coaches do, in fact, make use of such recordings of their upcoming opponents to determine which plays they use over and over and over again.  They then use that information to their advantage.  What a concept!

Offline lwchicago

• If you could turn back the hands of time
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2017, 08:27:40 PM »
NMSU coach said he knew what inbounds play we would run because we always run the same one

awesome lol

If that, in fact,  is the case, then our coach is an idiot.

I wonder if Underwood is aware  that there is a technology out there that shows electronic recordings of basketball games of all teams.  Some astute coaches do, in fact, make use of such recordings of their upcoming opponents to determine which plays they use over and over and over again.  They then use that information to their advantage.  What a concept!

It wasn't on the coach. If they were doubling Black the ball should've been thrown to someone else. It was on Jordan but I fault BU for having him in the game. Smith should've been in for that play.
When life gets tough........I get tougher

Offline illiniman94

« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2017, 08:40:31 PM »
Yeah even if it s the same base play I am sure guys have reads where they do one thing if x happens and another if the defender does Y

« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2017, 12:25:37 PM »
Fun team to watch, though a bit frustrating at times.  I agree that Jordan is not the right guy to inbound the ball.  The highest bb iq guy on the team should.. and that is Williams.  Jordan faked throwing it and pulled the ball back.  But Black made a step out.  At that point, the pass couldn't be made.  He should of called another TO, because the other guys weren't open either.

NM state played out of their shorts today.  They are most likely a tourney team, and we were right there.  I will be excited if we just make the tourney this year, and we are still improving.  Black was the goto player tonite we need to beat good teams.  The PG position is a strength of this team.  Lucas and Frazier are both D1 caliber.  Finke will be off and on, depending on getting him open looks.  We had opportunities to do that, but instead tried to force the ball up while in the trees.  Those shots did not fall at all today.  Jordan is a shooter, not a driver and he needs to understand that.  Mark Smith will make some minor adjustments to be a stud, and he will.  He just needs to know when to pull up for that 7' bankshot rather than force up the layup.  To their credit, this game was called much looser than most games this year.  Not much Kipper tonite.  He must still be hurting.

Just 1 more thing- If we had JCL, we would be undefeated right now.  We were all banking on Alstork picking up that slack, and he is a huge liability on the offensive side of the court.  In my opinion, he will be a role player at the end of the season once Smith and Williams really become comfortable. 

« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2017, 12:28:09 PM »
And 1 other thing.  Stick to Man defense.  We are absolutely the worst zone defense team on the planet.