NMSU post game thread!

• 16 replies

Offline Reaper

• Woodchipper expert
  • Fear The Reaper!!!
NMSU post game thread!
« on: December 16, 2017, 11:11:51 PM »
2 games blown because we couldn't inbound the damn ball. Down 3 with one of the top 3 point shooters in the nation and Frazier takes the shot.

Let it rip!!!
My name is Grimm Reaper. Commander of the Death Stalkers FBB team, General of the Rude Dawgs FFB team and loyal poster on the "True" message board "The Illini Nation". Member of a pissed off fan base, supporter of a betrayed program, and I shall have my revenge in this season or the next!

Offline illiniman94

Re: NMSU post game thread!
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2017, 11:12:23 PM »
Why the **** can't we inbound the ****ing ball??????

Offline obmtl

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2017, 11:17:02 PM »
all we had to do was play for one shot and we probably go to OT at worst. can't in bound the ball and lose. pathetic.

only B1G team to lose today.

Offline Big Phil

• The Illini Doctor of Love
  • The Doctor is IN
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2017, 11:19:20 PM »
well we aren't getting to the 15-16 wins I had, lets work on improving for next year. pretty clearly we are the worst team in the league, still

We overrated Mark Smith by quite a bit, we need some bigs, we need Dosunmo, looks like 2019-20 season to me is when we see a turnaround. Not close yet.

And Brad needs to do a better job in the last two minutes as well, repeating the same mistakes does come back to coaching
Bite it Big Ten, here come the MIGHTY ILLINI

Offline obmtl

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2017, 11:28:27 PM »
If I heard correctly none of Smith, Finke, or Alstork scored in the 2nd half. Williams didn't score at all. Can't win doing that, or with TOs and missed FTs down the stretch.

Offline Big Phil

• The Doctor is IN
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2017, 11:39:57 PM »
NMSU coach said he knew what inbounds play we would run because we always run the same one

awesome lol

Offline illiniman94

« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2017, 11:50:50 PM »
If I heard correctly none of Smith, Finke, or Alstork scored in the 2nd half. Williams didn't score at all. Can't win doing that, or with TOs and missed FTs down the stretch.
I can excuse Wiliams and Smith to a degree as they are freshmen.  Absolutely unacceptable for Finke and Alstork to give no offensive production.

« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2017, 12:48:33 AM »
The only fix here is to hit the recruiting trail hard and get better players. I like our youngsters potential we just need more.

« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2017, 03:29:18 AM »
We had a timeout when Jordan made that errant pass 'inbounds'.  Was he even aware of the situation?

Sorry, but the bulk of the mistake on these inbounds goes to coaching ... both losses are on the staff, the assistants in particular

Finke or Nichols are our only 'Bigs' who should be bringing the ball in in those situations

Underwood delivers great halftime speeches, has a great offensive scheme - but our kids just are too immature in their approach

Offline Big Phil

• The Doctor is IN
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2017, 11:03:51 AM »
The only fix here is to hit the recruiting trail hard and get better players. I like our youngsters potential we just need more.

yep