UNLV Post game thread!

• 19 replies

Offline Reaper

• Woodchipper expert
  • Fear The Reaper!!!
UNLV Post game thread!
« on: December 10, 2017, 08:02:01 AM »
This one was way past my bedtime, will take a look at the game today.

LET IT RIP!!!
My name is Grimm Reaper. Commander of the Death Stalkers FBB team, General of the Rude Dawgs FFB team and loyal poster on the "True" message board "The Illini Nation". Member of a pissed off fan base, supporter of a betrayed program, and I shall have my revenge in this season or the next!

Offline Big Phil

• The Illini Doctor of Love
  • The Doctor is IN
Re: UNLV Post game thread!
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2017, 10:05:32 AM »
15 win team still. We have some good pieces but we desperately need a couple bigs, until we get them, we are NIT at best

Is what it is
Bite it Big Ten, here come the MIGHTY ILLINI

Offline DeezNutz

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2017, 10:18:25 AM »
1. Our freshman aren't just good, they are great.  And are only going to get better.
2. We need some bigs in the worst way.  Gotta be the worst defensive team down low in the country.
3. Hope Leron is okay, we missed him in the 2nd half.
4. Shocked the score was as close as it was when the FT attempts were 48 to 15.
5. If Leron is out, my starting lineup would be: Frazier, Smith, Damonte, Jordan and Finke.

Offline Big Phil

• The Illini Doctor of Love
  • The Doctor is IN
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2017, 10:22:02 AM »
Deez I don't disagree with your point #1 but to be great they will need to be consistent. We've seen flashes, can you imagine how good they'll be if they all played well at the same time, for an entire game?
Bite it Big Ten, here come the MIGHTY ILLINI

Offline DeezNutz

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2017, 10:52:36 AM »
Deez I don't disagree with your point #1 but to be great they will need to be consistent. We've seen flashes, can you imagine how good they'll be if they all played well at the same time, for an entire game?

No doubt.  Just meant they are better than most other freshman and are only going to get better.  I'm very happy with where they are this early in their careers.  Look forward to seeing how much progress they will make at the end of the B1G season.

Offline player25

• You play to win the game!
  • Where's Efrem, I'll throw him an alley-oop!
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2017, 12:01:35 PM »
I am Proud of this coaching staff and players!   :Clapping:

Some tuff losses, but this team is taking on the battles and gaining experience/confidence!   :thumbup:

The coaches want success and care about the players, plus the players love and care because this team plays very hard and aggressive.  When Smith and Coach Underwood hugged after this game, then smiled, that moment jus made me believe even more that This Year's Team is going to make the NCAA Dance this year!   :yes:

:AH:

Offline illiniman94

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2017, 12:06:43 PM »
Malcolm had a little to say this morning

Offline illiniman94

« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2017, 12:11:25 PM »
This team, especially the freshman are going to be great.  Come B1G tourney team, assuming we have Leron (Brad said he hyper extended it a little so hopefully that means not serious) this team is going to be very, very dangerous.  If Finke could ever hit a ****ing shot in a big game we wouldn't have any losses.  He is the biggest disappointment this year. I expected a break out year.  He is still not a big game player and don't know that he ever will be.  One thing that would help is if he would cut that hideous ****ing man bun.  Seriously who tells a kid that this is a good look and doesn't make him look soft as hell?

Offline illiniman94

« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2017, 12:14:14 PM »
Mark Smith made his entrance last night and we all saw what he could be.  I am very proud of this team.  They don't quit and if this game had been called evenly (if it is a foul for us it damn well better be a foul for them) they would have won by 15........hell half the coaching staff had 4 fouls, not to mention every player who didn't foul out. Pathetic.  Sure some of the fouls were fouls, but the inconsitstency of what was a foul and not for them.  Twice in the game the gray haired ref called a foul 2 seconds after their shooter took the shot and missed.  That is bad officiating.

Offline QCPost33

• Old UI Hippie Engineer
  • Baseball Sucks
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2017, 01:48:14 PM »
The team fought hard and stayed in the game despite the huge foul call difference. Need more bigs
Still crazy