3 (27.3%)
Williams
4 (36.4%)
Frazier
0 (0%)
Lucas
2 (18.2%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Austin Peay Post/Chief of the game thread!

• 11 replies

Offline Reaper

• Woodchipper expert
  • Fear The Reaper!!!
Austin Peay Post/Chief of the game thread!
« on: December 06, 2017, 11:14:37 PM »
Well that was Fugly, but a win is a win.
They let Peay hang around way too long but thankfully they held on for the W.
Maybe I'm just old but it's hard to watch college hoops these days.
#4 for Peay needs a hair cut BAD!!!
Finke gets my COG!
My name is Grimm Reaper. Commander of the Death Stalkers FBB team, General of the Rude Dawgs FFB team and loyal poster on the "True" message board "The Illini Nation". Member of a pissed off fan base, supporter of a betrayed program, and I shall have my revenge in this season or the next!

Offline illiniman94

Re: Austin Peay Post/Chief of the game thread!
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2017, 11:16:17 PM »
Monte....he plays so smart and his defense and composure on offense won this game. Lucas with a great finish tonight.

BTW, Alstork and Jordan were no shows tonight.   Finke could have easily had 25 tonight if he just hits shots and puts back 3 or 4 of those offensive rebounds.  I know he led scoring but he has to do better IMO....couldn't give him chief for the misses.   If you want to be the man, big time players step up and make big time plays all game
« Last Edit: December 06, 2017, 11:18:32 PM by illiniman94 »

Offline ctibass

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2017, 11:16:49 PM »
In an effort of choosing the lesser of the sucks tonight, I went with Williams.  His steal and layup lit a fire in both the team and the crowd.

Offline Big Phil

• The Illini Doctor of Love
  • The Doctor is IN
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2017, 11:18:02 PM »
I missed most of it so I won't pick

Rebuilding team, win is better than a loss, no game is gonna be easy for us, but we can win some, and lose some...

On to UNLV!
Bite it Big Ten, here come the MIGHTY ILLINI

Offline illiniman94

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2017, 11:18:47 PM »
In an effort of choosing the lesser of the sucks tonight, I went with Williams.  His steal and layup lit a fire in both the team and the crowd.
agreed

Offline illiniman94

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2017, 11:21:22 PM »
I missed most of it so I won't pick

Rebuilding team, win is better than a loss, no game is gonna be easy for us, but we can win some, and lose some...

On to UNLV!
In all fairness I didn't know there coach and Brad were together 7 years as huggy bear and Martin assistants. They know each other like a book and they play our type of defense.   I give the team a little slack for that but they have to stop the dumb turnovers.  We created most of our own turnovers.

Again as I said in the game post. OKie State was 0-6 to start conference play last year and then it clicked.  I don't want to go 0-6 but I trust at some point that it is going to click and we will put some teams away decisively at some point.

Offline QCPost33

• Old UI Hippie Engineer
  • Baseball Sucks
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2017, 11:44:16 PM »
I went with Williams. He made some key plays when needed, like the steel for a bucket that I thought was big. Finke had a good game also.
Still crazy

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2017, 03:05:20 AM »
I gave the chief award to Lucas

He was strong at the close ... something we have been missing lately

« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2017, 10:09:51 AM »
Finke for COTG.  Ugly win > Ugly loss so I'll take it.  Turnovers are bad, but I expect a lot early in the season considering the pace BU wants them to play at.

Offline illiniman94

« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2017, 10:40:40 AM »
I gave the chief award to Lucas

He was strong at the close ... something we have been missing lately
I thought of Te Jon as well.  Honestly I think he has been pretty strong the end of the last 3 games.  He didn't make some shots and in the NW game he had to take over as PG because nobody was getting open to score.  Yes he missed some shots in those situations but I like the fact that he isn't afraid of the moment and the that those last 3 games where we as a team didn't finish didn't scare him away from being aggressive in clutch time.