Terps post game thread!

• 29 replies

Offline illiniman94

Re: Terps post game thread!
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2017, 10:10:59 AM »
Okay, so what did the refs **** up this time to screw us? 

and

We had the lead late in OT and turned over an inbounds pass to give them a last second win on the road?

Uggh ....like others have said, we are going to snag a couple surprise games but being young hurts.  Depth and character are being built and when a couple more studs come in and the fresh/sophs grow into their roles I am convinced Underwood will have us in a final four soon.

Offline illiniman94

« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2017, 10:29:30 AM »
I will say it again...what a ****ing idiot Groce was not playing Jordan.. Stupid son of a b****.  What a stud he has turned out to be....Deadly 3 man

Offline ctibass

« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2017, 10:39:17 AM »

and

We had the lead late in OT and turned over an inbounds pass to give them a last second win on the road?

Uggh ....like others have said, we are going to snag a couple surprise games but being young hurts.  Depth and character are being built and when a couple more studs come in and the fresh/sophs grow into their roles I am convinced Underwood will have us in a final four soon.

Here's my outlook on the rest of the season...Two straight games that we were picked to lose before the season, heck no one thought they would be close, and we went to overtime with both of them and should have won them.  BU will get this team on track.  In regards to a point guard, I think Frazier is our man, just needs more minutes in the system to get more and more comfortable.  I'm hoping we will be like some of the MSU teams in their down years where they start slow, but Izzo gets them clicking by March.

Offline illiniman94

« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2017, 11:11:55 AM »
Oh man I just watched the second half and what a great opportunity but huge blown opportunity.  On the inbound play I love Coach U but that one is on him. First, taking your last time out  was not smart because it left Monte with no TO left when his team mates did not get open.  That play is not Monte's fault. He did the right thing trying to throw deep and if Kipper can just tip that ball it is totally different outcome. Te Jon has to make both free throws and it is a W.   

All that said, I am ashamed of myself for quitting on this team for the second half last night.  These kids have a ton of heart and are fighters who do not quit.  The execution will clean up and we will start to win these close ones.   This one hurts and if we are a bubble team at end of the year could be what keeps us out. .....but we knew there would be early growing pains as they adjust to Brad's system.....it happened at Okie State last year and then they turned it on...this team can get hot going down the stretch.....Hell it is barely past Thanksgiving and a ****ing travesty that we had to play these early conference games. If we play these in January as they should be played if we didn't have these ****ing mega conferences, I am confident that at worst we would have split these two games and possible took both....Oh well it is what it is and I am excited about what is coming from this group. It may take an improbably B1G tourney miracle but I am not giving up tourney hopes just yet.

Offline obmtl

« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2017, 11:15:45 AM »
1st half was atrocious at both ends. last minute again we get 4 TOs from them, but we give it back 3 times with dumb plays. 4 seconds to go just make it touch SOMEBODY. Couldn't get a stop in OT.

should have won, but Maryland can say we should never have been in it and they would be right after that first half. We need to play two halves like the 2nd one last night. Can't get excited in the last minute and make stupid TOs. still have to shoot better, have to defend better. My only beef with the refs is overturning the goal tend. we got some breaks from the refs on possible (or probable) fouls, too.

Offline illiniman94

« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2017, 11:17:52 AM »

and

Here's my outlook on the rest of the season...Two straight games that we were picked to lose before the season, heck no one thought they would be close, and we went to overtime with both of them and should have won them.  BU will get this team on track.  In regards to a point guard, I think Frazier is our man, just needs more minutes in the system to get more and more comfortable.  I'm hoping we will be like some of the MSU teams in their down years where they start slow, but Izzo gets them clicking by March.
Having just watched the second half and I am in agreement on everything but Frazier being the main PG.  Te Jon is playing pretty darn well, IMO and Trent had a good game.  They are both going to play huge minutes at the Point IMO.  I agree completely that Trent played great and is going to improve even more.  Monte and Mark are going to get lots of minutes at 2/3 as well.   Mark will snap out of his little funk (not playing horrible just not clicking quite yet..he will) and Monte tonight showed why he was rated so high when he committed. These kids are all heart and we know Brad is a great coach.   Tough two losses but we battled in both.  As I said in the last post, execution will clean up and we will start winning these close ones rather than giving them away.   Love these kids and our staff..   Get it done.

Finally, Brad, get AJ 20 looks a game please.  Alstork is a competitor but I take some of his minutes and give them to AJ.  AJ needs to be taking shots end of game.

Offline lwchicago

• If you could turn back the hands of time
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2017, 11:19:14 AM »
Blew another game they should have won. Yes that was bs call by refs but should have won in regualtion.

LET IT RIP!

I agree !!!!! IMO it's the 2nd game the Lucas blew himself. Free throws when the last 2 games.
When life gets tough........I get tougher

Offline illiniman94

« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2017, 11:19:49 AM »
1st half was atrocious at both ends. last minute again we get 4 TOs from them, but we give it back 3 times with dumb plays. 4 seconds to go just make it touch SOMEBODY. Couldn't get a stop in OT.

should have won, but Maryland can say we should never have been in it and they would be right after that first half. We need to play two halves like the 2nd one last night. Can't get excited in the last minute and make stupid TOs. still have to shoot better, have to defend better. My only beef with the refs is overturning the goal tend. we got some breaks from the refs on possible (or probable) fouls, too.
I agree with you on the goal tend and the only thing I will say is we still got called for a ton of BS "new rule" type calls that are bad for the game, IMO.   Anyway, the goal tend IMO is the only real terrible shafting we got other than MD guy just effing running over Mark with about 1-2 minutes to go.   That should have been 2 free throws or at worst our ball OB.

Offline lwchicago

« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2017, 11:23:58 AM »
I will tell you Mark's problem. !!!! He isn't a 2 guard. He looks confused on plays because he used to playing with the ball in his hands. Lucas is not playing smart, he plays hard but not smart and he can't shoot Free throws.

Offline lwchicago

« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2017, 11:30:50 AM »
I like having scoring off the bench. AJ is being rewarded for his hard work. We are getting like 30-35 off the bench or more. 

If I change anything I would put Mark at point and start Williams if you want to make a change.