Markkanen

• 21 replies

Offline Big Phil

• The Illini Doctor of Love
  • The Doctor is IN
Re: Markkanen
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2017, 06:56:19 PM »
if there was some hope with the front office I could 100% get behind a rebuild. I just have no faith in these two kooks
Bite it Big Ten, here come the MIGHTY ILLINI

Offline Hawk

« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2018, 11:22:35 AM »
if there was some hope with the front office I could 100% get behind a rebuild. I just have no faith in these two kooks

nope! its gonna take many good moves to get my trust back... Markkanen looks like a piece, not sure hes gonna be a star or anything yet, jury is out. they need many more pieces to be a contender though
If you don't read the papers you're uninformed. If you do read them, you're misinformed - Mark Twain

Offline ctibass

« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2018, 01:47:46 PM »

nope! its gonna take many good moves to get my trust back... Markkanen looks like a piece, not sure hes gonna be a star or anything yet, jury is out. they need many more pieces to be a contender though
Based off of what I've seen, I'd put him in that borderline star spot similar to a Chris Bosh or Ray Allen who could definitely be the 3rd of a Big Three, but definitely not the star you build the team around successfully.

Offline ctibass

« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2018, 01:48:11 PM »

Based off of what I've seen, I'd put him in that borderline star spot similar to a Chris Bosh or Ray Allen who could definitely be the 3rd of a Big Three, but definitely not the star you build the team around successfully.
NOT saying he's already there, that's just where I see his ceiling.

Offline Hawk

« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2018, 02:48:09 PM »

NOT saying he's already there, that's just where I see his ceiling.

yeah id agree at this point
If you don't read the papers you're uninformed. If you do read them, you're misinformed - Mark Twain

Offline ctibass

« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2018, 08:55:20 PM »
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Lauri Markkanen made 100 3-pointers faster than the best shooters in NBA history. <a href="https://t.co/ZjQlyZslOG">pic.twitter.com/ZjQlyZslOG</a></p>&mdash; ESPN (@espn) <a href="^tfw">January 16, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Offline Big Phil

• The Illini Doctor of Love
  • The Doctor is IN
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2018, 12:21:08 AM »
Turner is averaging 8.5 turnovers a game this month. Like I told you guys, he's not the top pick. No way
Bite it Big Ten, here come the MIGHTY ILLINI

Offline Reaper

• Woodchipper expert
  • Fear The Reaper!!!
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2018, 11:36:07 AM »
Who is Turner?
My name is Grimm Reaper. Commander of the Death Stalkers FBB team, General of the Rude Dawgs FFB team and loyal poster on the "True" message board "The Illini Nation". Member of a pissed off fan base, supporter of a betrayed program, and I shall have my revenge in this season or the next!

Offline bwbp3

« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2018, 11:45:17 AM »
Turner is averaging 8.5 turnovers a game this month. Like I told you guys, he's not the top pick. No way
Assume you meant Trae Young, but I don't think he was ever in the discussion for top pick. Its Luka, Ayton, and Bagley for that honor...do think Trae has played his way into the top 10 though.

Offline Reaper

• Woodchipper expert
  • Fear The Reaper!!!
« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2018, 12:36:14 PM »
Assume you meant Trae Young, but I don't think he was ever in the discussion for top pick. Its Luka, Ayton, and Bagley for that honor...do think Trae has played his way into the top 10 though.
Porter will be in the discussion for the top pick if he works out well for teams.

Luka has a high B-ball IQ and deadly stroke to match.
Bagley's ceiling is off the charts
Ayton is a physical presence in the post
Porter's stock will depend on how he recovers from his back injury
Young is super talented but the turn overs and shot selection have to improve dramatically. 
My name is Grimm Reaper. Commander of the Death Stalkers FBB team, General of the Rude Dawgs FFB team and loyal poster on the "True" message board "The Illini Nation". Member of a pissed off fan base, supporter of a betrayed program, and I shall have my revenge in this season or the next!