DeMarcus Cousins trade was so lopsided, NBA 2K rejected it

• 4 replies

Offline Hawk

If you don't read the papers you're uninformed. If you do read them, you're misinformed - Mark Twain

Offline Reaper

• Woodchipper expert
  • Fear The Reaper!!!
Re: DeMarcus Cousins trade was so lopsided, NBA 2K rejected it
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2017, 07:47:12 PM »
They practically gave Cousins away to the Pelicans. Lopez, Mirotic, Grant and  a #1 and #2 would have been a better deal than what the Pelicans gave up. He must have been a really bad cancer in Sac town.
My name is Grimm Reaper. Commander of the Death Stalkers FBB team, General of the Rude Dawgs FFB team and loyal poster on the "True" message board "The Illini Nation". Member of a pissed off fan base, supporter of a betrayed program, and I shall have my revenge in this season or the next!

Offline bwbp3

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2017, 09:13:20 PM »
They practically gave Cousins away to the Pelicans. Lopez, Mirotic, Grant and  a #1 and #2 would have been a better deal than what the Pelicans gave up. He must have been a really bad cancer in Sac town.
Yup, this was a situation where they had to discount him. While funny, obviously a video game won't account for that component.

Offline Hawk

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2017, 12:25:48 PM »
Well more of this story is starting to come out....

Cousins agent went around and called ALL the NBA teams and told them that any team trading for him he wouldn't be resigning with them and would become a free agent, this essentially buried the market for him, and this is what Divac was implying yesterday in his interview when he told the press "ask the agent".

apparently there is no rule stopping an agent from doing such thing either
http://nba.nbcsports.com/2017/02/20/source-other-team-pulled-better-trade-offer-for-demarcus-cousins-due-to-agents-threat/

http://nba.nbcsports.com/2017/02/20/before-trade-demarcus-cousins-agent-said-client-unlikely-to-re-sign-with-new-team/
« Last Edit: February 21, 2017, 12:28:41 PM by Hawk »
If you don't read the papers you're uninformed. If you do read them, you're misinformed - Mark Twain

Offline Reaper

• Woodchipper expert
  • Fear The Reaper!!!
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2017, 05:34:19 PM »
He will eventaully some how end up with the Cavs or Warriors. 
My name is Grimm Reaper. Commander of the Death Stalkers FBB team, General of the Rude Dawgs FFB team and loyal poster on the "True" message board "The Illini Nation". Member of a pissed off fan base, supporter of a betrayed program, and I shall have my revenge in this season or the next!