Offline ctibass

Sale is gone
« on: December 06, 2016, 02:51:36 PM »
Traded to the Red Sox for a bunch of prospects including Yoan Moncada

Offline Hawk

Re: Sale is gone
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2016, 03:05:26 PM »
Red Sox?? are you kidding me?
If you don't read the papers you're uninformed. If you do read them, you're misinformed - Mark Twain

Offline ctibass

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2016, 03:07:56 PM »
Red Sox?? are you kidding me?

That was my thought too.  I was okay with all of the Nationals talk, and even down here there was speculation that the Braves would get involved, but not the f(*)&ing Red Sox

Offline Hawk

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2016, 03:09:50 PM »
Bostons gonna have a phenomenal starting 5 next year...have to be the favorites out of the AL next season
If you don't read the papers you're uninformed. If you do read them, you're misinformed - Mark Twain

Offline ctibass

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2016, 03:24:41 PM »
Bostons gonna have a phenomenal starting 5 next year...have to be the favorites out of the AL next season

That whole staff is scary...those starters and Kimbrel as the closer

Offline Hawk

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2016, 04:56:39 PM »
supposedly BSox are paying for prospects salary.... $31M?

Offline DeezNutz

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2016, 11:07:30 AM »
Yea, BoSox are paying all of his signing bonus remaining.  Essentially the White Sox just have to pay him the league minimum for the next 6-7 years. 

Overall as a Sox fan, I like the deal.  Got the top prospect in baseball and another dynamic, young arm.  The others are a bit of a lottery ticket, but good to build some depth.

I think Quintana and Frazier are moved today.  Potentially Abreu and DRob as well.  Sell em all.  Suck for the next couple of years and get high draft picks.  The Sox farm went from being ranked 25th to 15th with this deal alone.  With a couple more trades they will have a top 3-5 farm system.  Add in the young players they will get from drafting high for the next few years and they could have the top farm system in the league.  I'm just glad they are finally picking a lane and sticking in it.

Offline ctibass

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2016, 11:27:00 AM »
Yea, BoSox are paying all of his signing bonus remaining.  Essentially the White Sox just have to pay him the league minimum for the next 6-7 years. 

Overall as a Sox fan, I like the deal.  Got the top prospect in baseball and another dynamic, young arm.  The others are a bit of a lottery ticket, but good to build some depth.

I think Quintana and Frazier are moved today.  Potentially Abreu and DRob as well. Sell em all.  Suck for the next couple of years and get high draft picks. The Sox farm went from being ranked 25th to 15th with this deal alone.  With a couple more trades they will have a top 3-5 farm system.  Add in the young players they will get from drafting high for the next few years and they could have the top farm system in the league.  I'm just glad they are finally picking a lane and sticking in it.

The Cubs path to victory

Offline Hawk

« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2016, 11:55:37 AM »

I think Quintana and Frazier are moved today.  Potentially Abreu and DRob as well.  Sell em all.  Suck for the next couple of years and get high draft picks.  The Sox farm went from being ranked 25th to 15th with this deal alone.  With a couple more trades they will have a top 3-5 farm system.  Add in the young players they will get from drafting high for the next few years and they could have the top farm system in the league.  I'm just glad they are finally picking a lane and sticking in it.

the guys on radio, this morning on AM1000 loved the deal...they were saying they think the Sox got a guaranteed 3 major leaguers out of this with 2 a very good chance at being phenomenal, with the 4th still a very good shot at getting there ( Diaz I think). They loved the young outfielder they got (Basabe) said hes a centerfielder most likely but can play all around the field, good strike zone awareness and young only 20 years old. they likened Kopech to a Noah Syndergaard like ceiling

I think the Sox did good on this deal, now go full rebuild instead of playing around and in 3-4 years you'll be in playoff contention