Summer league Championship game tonight

• 14 replies

Offline bwbp3

Re: Summer league Championship game tonight
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2016, 11:13:36 AM »
I don't think its worth its own thread and havent seen it mentioned on the board yet...

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/sports/sixers/Brandon-Paul-reportedly-accepts-Sixers-offer.html

Offline Reaper

• Woodchipper expert
  • Fear The Reaper!!!
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2016, 11:54:22 AM »
BP had a very good summer. Before he got to Vegas he was in Orlando playing for the Hornets where he made 2nd team all tournament.
My name is Grimm Reaper. Commander of the Death Stalkers FBB team, General of the Rude Dawgs FFB team and loyal poster on the "True" message board "The Illini Nation". Member of a pissed off fan base, supporter of a betrayed program, and I shall have my revenge in this season or the next!

Offline Hawk

« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2016, 11:58:34 AM »
Observations from watching all 6 games.

* Valentine, Portis, Felicio, Grant and Dinwiddie are the only ones who should make this year's team.

* Portis has worked on his body and was impressive during the entire tournament. You can tell that he put time in on his 3 ball and he looks lean and strong.

* Felicio was very active but made alot of mistakes that you expect from a young player.

* Portis and Felicio both have a bad case of Shaun Pruitt-itis. They have trouble finishing around the rim because they finese alot of shots instead of going up strong. Both missed shots that they should have hammered home. They got away with it in the summer league because they were bigger and stronger than the competition but it will hurt the team during league play.

* Valentine was inconsistent but showed a flare for the dramatic. He is an above average passer but he got too cute with alot of passes in the earlier games but he will learn with experience. He reminds me of a poor man's Paul Pierce.

* Grant had a good championship game but in earlier games he took alot of bad shots and was selfish at times. It appeared as if he was trying to prove a point. His size allows him to post up smaller guards but he still has a lot to learn about playing PG.

* Dinwiddie was solid for most of the games. His size, defense, ability to run the team and being able to create off the dribble probably has him ahead of Grant for the backup PG slot at this point. 

* Wanted to acknowledge the ManBearPig (Jack Cooley) who was my favorite player on this team. I loved the way he banged, hustled and did the dirty work.     

I was reading an article on Grant saying the coaches think his early struggles have been because he came from the triangle system last year in his first year, so its taking him a little bit to adjust.
If you don't read the papers you're uninformed. If you do read them, you're misinformed - Mark Twain

Offline Hawk

« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2016, 01:08:46 PM »
 :tounge:

If you don't read the papers you're uninformed. If you do read them, you're misinformed - Mark Twain

Offline Big Phil

• The Illini Doctor of Love
  • The Doctor is IN
« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2016, 04:43:08 PM »
good recap I just cant watch this stuff : )
Bite it Big Ten, here come the MIGHTY ILLINI