Summer league Championship game tonight

• 14 replies

Offline Hawk

Summer league Championship game tonight
« on: July 18, 2016, 01:04:15 PM »
If you wanna see some of the young guys in action, sounds like Portis could be a good replacement for Noah, high energy guy

http://www.nba.com/bulls/news/undefeated-bulls-play-summer-league-championship
If you don't read the papers you're uninformed. If you do read them, you're misinformed - Mark Twain

Offline tbcamp

• Keep your eye on the prize
Re: Summer league Championship game tonight
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2016, 02:03:43 PM »
Feliciano is going to be a very, very good player in a few years.

Online ctibass

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2016, 02:05:29 PM »
Looks like the trio of Felicio, Portis, and Valentine is a nice young core for us moving forward.  Looking forward to seeing them continue to develop.

Offline Hawk

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2016, 03:25:36 PM »
yeah, I mean its summer league, but still some of these guys look good.

plus its kinda refreshing to finally have an upcoming season where all hopes dont rely on Rose and Noah to stay healthy anymore. Im not expecting them to be world beaters, but should be fun to watch at least
If you don't read the papers you're uninformed. If you do read them, you're misinformed - Mark Twain

Offline bwbp3

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2016, 03:49:21 PM »

plus its kinda refreshing to finally have an upcoming season where all hopes dont rely on Rose and Noah to stay healthy anymore. Im not expecting them to be world beaters, but should be fun to watch at least
True, I'm hoping DWade is out recruiting already too.  Can't imagine he wanted to come home just to collect a paycheck. He has to have a plan to compete with his buddy LeBron right?

Offline Big Phil

• The Illini Doctor of Love
  • The Doctor is IN
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2016, 04:04:41 PM »
sounds like an opera trio
Bite it Big Ten, here come the MIGHTY ILLINI

Offline Hawk

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2016, 04:37:56 PM »

True, I'm hoping DWade is out recruiting already too.  Can't imagine he wanted to come home just to collect a paycheck. He has to have a plan to compete with his buddy LeBron right?

I think that is the hope anyway, the younger guys improve some more this year, and then maybe they can add another piece next season to go with Jimmy as the younger core

Offline tbcamp

• Keep your eye on the prize
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2016, 12:31:45 AM »
Bulls win, in OT. Valentine the hero. Hits a 3 pointer with 0.2 to tie in regulation,  and then the winner at the buzzer in OT. Portis with 26, Grant with 24. Way to go!

Offline joker2305

« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2016, 09:48:07 AM »

yes, although I wouldn't rule out him trying to recruit Lebron next year
"I see pride! I see power! I see a badass mudda, who don't take no shit off of nobody!"

Offline Reaper

• Woodchipper expert
  • Fear The Reaper!!!
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2016, 11:04:28 AM »
Observations from watching all 6 games.

* Valentine, Portis, Felicio, Grant and Dinwiddie are the only ones who should make this year's team.

* Portis has worked on his body and was impressive during the entire tournament. You can tell that he put time in on his 3 ball and he looks lean and strong.

* Felicio was very active but made alot of mistakes that you expect from a young player.

* Portis and Felicio both have a bad case of Shaun Pruitt-itis. They have trouble finishing around the rim because they finese alot of shots instead of going up strong. Both missed shots that they should have hammered home. They got away with it in the summer league because they were bigger and stronger than the competition but it will hurt the team during league play.

* Valentine was inconsistent but showed a flare for the dramatic. He is an above average passer but he got too cute with alot of passes in the earlier games but he will learn with experience. He reminds me of a poor man's Paul Pierce.

* Grant had a good championship game but in earlier games he took alot of bad shots and was selfish at times. It appeared as if he was trying to prove a point. His size allows him to post up smaller guards but he still has a lot to learn about playing PG.

* Dinwiddie was solid for most of the games. His size, defense, ability to run the team and being able to create off the dribble probably has him ahead of Grant for the backup PG slot at this point. 

* Wanted to acknowledge the ManBearPig (Jack Cooley) who was my favorite player on this team. I loved the way he banged, hustled and did the dirty work.     
My name is Grimm Reaper. Commander of the Death Stalkers FBB team, General of the Rude Dawgs FFB team and loyal poster on the "True" message board "The Illini Nation". Member of a pissed off fan base, supporter of a betrayed program, and I shall have my revenge in this season or the next!