ROSE TRADED TO KNICKS!!

• 25 replies

Offline Hawk

ROSE TRADED TO KNICKS!!
« on: June 22, 2016, 04:22:11 PM »
 Bulls trade Derrick Rose, Justin Holiday and a 2017 2nd-round pick to the Knicks for Robin Lopez, Jerian Grant and Jose Calderon

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2016/06/22/reports-bulls-trade-derrick-rose-to-knicks/
« Last Edit: June 22, 2016, 04:30:08 PM by Hawk »
If you don't read the papers you're uninformed. If you do read them, you're misinformed - Mark Twain

Offline ctibass

Re: ROSE TRADED TO KNICKS!!
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2016, 04:30:44 PM »
dang, beat me to it

Offline Reaper

• Woodchipper expert
  • Fear The Reaper!!!
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2016, 06:10:34 PM »
The team needed a shake up but I don't like this trade. Lopez and Calderon are bums and Grant will be a journey man.
My name is Grimm Reaper. Commander of the Death Stalkers FBB team, General of the Rude Dawgs FFB team and loyal poster on the "True" message board "The Illini Nation". Member of a pissed off fan base, supporter of a betrayed program, and I shall have my revenge in this season or the next!

Offline Big Phil

• The Illini Doctor of Love
  • The Doctor is IN
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2016, 07:55:09 PM »
I'd rebuild from scratch this team sucks
Bite it Big Ten, here come the MIGHTY ILLINI

Offline tbcamp

• Keep your eye on the prize
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2016, 04:29:55 AM »
I think NY overpaid. Rose is a shell of his former self, and while he's been a great citizen, his entourage are a bunch of drama queens. The BJ and Reggie crap won't play in NYC at all. I wish him well. The Bulls should trade Butler as well. Levine and the #5 plus another #1 might do it.

Offline Hawk

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2016, 01:09:10 PM »
The team needed a shake up but I don't like this trade. Lopez and Calderon are bums and Grant will be a journey man.

how can you say that about Grant?? the kid barley got clock last year because NY had 2 other vets ahead of him in rotation! did you see his stats near the end of the year when he did get time? they are decent

I cant say he's a for sure journeymen going into only his 2nd year in the league...was Jimmy and Allstar after year 1? nope, lets at least see what the kid can do. a 6'5 PG isnt a bad thing to have if he can step up his game.

Lopez is a decent center and at a good contract price too..Calderon wont be here long, he gives us a vet PG for this coming year though, one that PLAYS and isnt hurt every other week.

look this team needs to rebuild, they basically got 2 1st rounders from last year now with Portis and Grant, they will have at least another lottery pick this year, next years draft is being heralded as the deepest in 12 years. it might be a good thing to be in the lottery again next year.
If you don't read the papers you're uninformed. If you do read them, you're misinformed - Mark Twain

Offline Hawk

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2016, 01:13:48 PM »
I think NY overpaid. Rose is a shell of his former self, and while he's been a great citizen, his entourage are a bunch of drama queens. The BJ and Reggie crap won't play in NYC at all. I wish him well. The Bulls should trade Butler as well. Levine and the #5 plus another #1 might do it.

Agreed!!! plus you avoid any scenario where you are then obligated to offer Rose a max contract....say he does have a good year this year, there's still no way i'm giving max to him with his injury history and his attitude history towards playing and not playing. he is a complete headcase!!  General soreness anybody?? You cant keep going into season after season with a guy like that. The fact they found anybody to take his contract and got anything for him is a miracle,even IF he has a decent healthy year, all the baggage and nonsense you also have to take with him isn't worth it! its time to move on. Bulls would have never offered max, and im a firm believer he would not have resigned here for anything less than max.

dont forget Melo has had knee issues the last 2 years in NY himself...there's a good chance they could finish next year with 2 guys maxing max, and near max money, sitting on their bench!
« Last Edit: June 23, 2016, 01:15:22 PM by Hawk »

Offline joker2305

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2016, 02:26:43 PM »
I've always been a huge d-rose fan, but I think this trade did make sense for the future of the franchise. let's see what this grant kid can do this year. maybe even trade butler this year as well, and completely blow it up. if we could get the #5 this year, wolves' first round pick next year, and lavine for butler, i'd do it. next summer's free agent class should be deep, let's clear the books. all that being said, I think i'm going to follow the knicks this year. if, and this is a big "if," their big 3 play to their potential, they could be a force in the east this year. mock me now, remember this later
"I see pride! I see power! I see a badass mudda, who don't take no shit off of nobody!"

Offline Big Phil

• The Illini Doctor of Love
  • The Doctor is IN
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2016, 02:31:31 PM »
I've always been a huge d-rose fan, but I think this trade did make sense for the future of the franchise. let's see what this grant kid can do this year. maybe even trade butler this year as well, and completely blow it up. if we could get the #5 this year, wolves' first round pick next year, and lavine for butler, i'd do it. next summer's free agent class should be deep, let's clear the books. all that being said, I think i'm going to follow the knicks this year. if, and this is a big "if," their big 3 play to their potential, they could be a force in the east this year. mock me now, remember this later

agreed
Bite it Big Ten, here come the MIGHTY ILLINI

Offline Hawk

« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2016, 05:33:47 PM »
I think i'm going to follow the knicks this year. if, and this is a big "if," their big 3 play to their potential, they could be a force in the east this year. mock me now, remember this later

yeah they could easily all be sitting on the bench in suits as well  ;)

Melos had some serious injury issues last few years with his knees as well as Rose..that team wont be very good defensively either