Who should the Bulls take at 14?

• 49 replies

Offline joker2305

Re: Who should the Bulls take at 14?
« Reply #40 on: June 26, 2016, 03:08:07 PM »
Bulls might be able to land Mike Conley in FA
https://pickandpopovich.com/2016/06/23/why-mike-conley-will-sign-with-the-chicago-bulls/

Chances probably increase because he can be closer to the guy who recruited him...Mr. John Groce.  In all seriousness, signing Conley would be a great move. 
how many years does he have left on his contract?
"I see pride! I see power! I see a badass mudda, who don't take no shit off of nobody!"

Offline tbcamp

• Keep your eye on the prize
« Reply #41 on: June 27, 2016, 12:13:25 AM »
None, ergo a free agent. Lol I've heard Conley, Sullinger, Harrison Barnes and Courtney Lee are on the Bulls radar. We'll see.

Offline joker2305

« Reply #42 on: June 27, 2016, 02:08:21 PM »
duh! (trying to use the dunce smiley, but can't get smileys to work for some reason..) I say try to sign conley to a short term (2yrs?) contract to see how he does. if he has a good year, and it's obvious we can't rely on moore or grant to be a starter, then resign to a longer term deal and move on with him as part of our plans. i'm not a fan of any of those players "on our radar." I think we should be trying to clear as much cap space for next year's free agent class, while also giving our younger guys opportunities to sink or swim. let's find out what we really have in mirotic, McDermott, and portis. we won't be contending this year anyways. also, I believe we'll have two first rounders (one from sacramento) next year. who knows, maybe boogie finally wants out of sacramento and wants to team up with butler for an easy path to the finals in the east. we hit on one of our draft picks next year, and we're instantly ready to contend again... i'm such a homer!
"I see pride! I see power! I see a badass mudda, who don't take no shit off of nobody!"

Offline bwbp3

« Reply #43 on: June 27, 2016, 02:38:45 PM »
duh! (trying to use the dunce smiley, but can't get smileys to work for some reason..) I say try to sign conley to a short term (2yrs?) contract to see how he does. if he has a good year, and it's obvious we can't rely on moore or grant to be a starter, then resign to a longer term deal and move on with him as part of our plans. i'm not a fan of any of those players "on our radar." I think we should be trying to clear as much cap space for next year's free agent class, while also giving our younger guys opportunities to sink or swim. let's find out what we really have in mirotic, McDermott, and portis. we won't be contending this year anyways. also, I believe we'll have two first rounders (one from sacramento) next year. who knows, maybe boogie finally wants out of sacramento and wants to team up with butler for an easy path to the finals in the east. we hit on one of our draft picks next year, and we're instantly ready to contend again... i'm such a homer!
apparently a homer for Sacramento too...you really think they'll climb out of the bottom 10 next year? I definitely think Boogie will want out though. He hates that franchise, as he should.

Offline Big Phil

• The Illini Doctor of Love
  • The Doctor is IN
« Reply #44 on: June 27, 2016, 02:49:51 PM »
I guess it shows how little I watch the NBA in that I have no clue who Boogie is lol
Bite it Big Ten, here come the MIGHTY ILLINI

Offline bwbp3

« Reply #45 on: June 27, 2016, 02:50:56 PM »
I guess it shows how little I watch the NBA in that I have no clue who Boogie is lol
Haha, Demarcus Cousins

Offline joker2305

« Reply #46 on: June 27, 2016, 04:32:38 PM »
apparently a homer for Sacramento too...you really think they'll climb out of the bottom 10 next year? I definitely think Boogie will want out though. He hates that franchise, as he should.
sorry, I thought this summer was the last year that pick is protected. but I still think they could climb up from the bottom ten, to get maybe the #11 or #12 pick. package that with our 1st round pick for a top 5 pick. I think we gotta look to rebuild. I don't want to be a perennial, fringe playoff team. basketball purgatory...

Offline tbcamp

• Keep your eye on the prize
« Reply #47 on: June 28, 2016, 02:21:23 AM »
I think our pick will be a top 5 to begin with.

Offline joker2305

« Reply #48 on: June 28, 2016, 09:42:04 AM »
I didn't think we'd fall that far, but i'd be okay with it. next year's draft and free agent class should be really deep

Offline Hawk

« Reply #49 on: June 28, 2016, 11:22:31 AM »
I think our pick will be a top 5 to begin with.

Depends on who they can sign in FA... Even If they get nobody of significance I still think they will hover around .500.. The east is terrible... You forget they played most of last year without Noah anyway, and they played better when rose was out of the lineup lol
If you don't read the papers you're uninformed. If you do read them, you're misinformed - Mark Twain