Adam Laroche retires

• 21 replies

Offline DeezNutz

Adam Laroche retires
« on: March 15, 2016, 04:25:24 PM »
Saves the Sox $13 mil.  Hope everything is alright in his personal life.  Will be interesting to see what the Sox do with those savings...

Offline tbcamp

• Keep your eye on the prize
Re: Adam Laroche retires
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2016, 10:41:08 PM »
Is there another left handed hitter named Adam on the Nationals?

Offline tbcamp

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2016, 10:41:45 PM »
Look for the Sox to trade for Jay Bruce or Andre Ethier.

Offline Illinifan1184

• ILL-INI
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2016, 08:14:15 PM »
http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/14989265/adam-laroche-retired-chicago-white-sox-asked-dial-back-son-clubhouse

"I don't think he should be here 100 percent of the time -- and he has been here 100 percent, every day, in the clubhouse. I said that I don't even think he should be here 50 percent of the time. Figure it out, somewhere in between.

"We all think his kid is a great young man. I just felt it should not be every day, that's all. You tell me, where in this country can you bring your child to work every day?"

True, but there are not a lot of other jobs that have much of anything similar to pro athletes...

Offline tbcamp

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2016, 08:20:29 PM »
Should of banned the kid last July. Maybe LaRoche retires earlier. Why would you want your kid around to watch you absolutely suck?

Offline tbcamp

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2016, 08:21:12 PM »
Rumors around Morneau and Loney as well. Schwarber available? We'll give you Danks and Leury Garcia.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2016, 08:23:31 PM by tbcamp »

Offline Hawk

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2016, 12:28:18 PM »
This whole story is turning into a colossal cluster f***

being reported today that all the players liked and wanted the kid there, Kenny went out on his own apparently and said no more, and this after he supposedly told Adam that his kid could be there and thats why Adam signed with them last year...supposedly there was a huge verbal fight in the clubhouse over this with all the players and Kenny, Sale supposedly was in Kenny face and everything, and the players almost didn't go out and play one of their spring training games because of this. Now I dont know how much truth to every bit of this story there is, but thats what was being reported early this morning

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/14993803/chicago-white-sox-players-considered-boycott-support-adam-laroche
« Last Edit: March 17, 2016, 12:30:07 PM by Hawk »
If you don't read the papers you're uninformed. If you do read them, you're misinformed - Mark Twain

Offline Big Phil

• The Illini Doctor of Love
  • The Doctor is IN
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2016, 12:42:15 PM »
they saved a shitload of money, good move either way for WS
Bite it Big Ten, here come the MIGHTY ILLINI

Offline DeezNutz

« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2016, 01:09:02 PM »
Mike Mulligan was on the score earlier and said he knows that some of the players that are the most supportive of LaRoche on social media were the players that complained the most to the front office about the kid being there.

« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2016, 01:09:14 PM »
Guy has been in the chicago news more in the last 3 days then he was all last year.   

Maybe if you bat your weight and had actually been productive this might be a bigger issue. 

Bring on Morneau