White Sox Trade for Todd Frazier

• 9 replies

Offline ctibass

Offline DeezNutz

Re: White Sox Trade for Todd Frazier
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2015, 02:23:56 PM »
Great move, now go get Cespedes or Upton and they can contend in the Central.

Offline tbcamp

• Keep your eye on the prize
White Sox Get Todd Frazier
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2015, 02:44:06 PM »
Three way trade. They get Todd Frazier from Cinci, and Peraza, a 21 year old SS/2B from LAD. They give back Frankie Montas, Trace Thompson and Micah Johnson. Montas has a chance to be a stud. Johnson can't field but can hit and run. Thompson can play a terrific CF/RF, but I don't think he'll ever hit righties. Still, with Frazier and Lawrie, the Sox have definitely helped their IF.

Offline Big Phil

• The Illini Doctor of Love
  • The Doctor is IN
Re: White Sox Get Todd Frazier
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2015, 03:09:05 PM »
short term help long term hurt, seems like the sox are trading some future to be better the next two years. Not sure if that is smart or not
Bite it Big Ten, here come the MIGHTY ILLINI

Offline Big Phil

• The Doctor is IN
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2015, 03:09:25 PM »
I(m gonna merge this with TB's thread

Offline tbcamp

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2015, 06:05:59 PM »
Cespedes is on the radar. They tried to trade LaRoche and 8M to Pitt for Alvarez. The Bucks said no thanks, and cut Alvarez.

Offline Big Phil

• The Doctor is IN
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2015, 06:07:23 PM »
espn says the reds got too little so it appears to be a good deal

Offline tbcamp

« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2015, 07:40:14 AM »
They have 30M in dead money coming off in 2017, LaRoche and Danks. They could back load a contract for Upton or Cespedes. They have Abreu, Sales, Quintana, Rodon, Eaton, Robertson, Anderson, Garcia, and Lawrie under control for at least 3 more years. Frazier for 2, and a milb loaded with pitchers. It'll be interesting to see what they do next. I know that they have the money. Right now the pitching appears solid. With their top prospect being a left-handed hitting SS, with top speed and a potential .300 hitter, they'll live with Salado and Sanchez at short, I believe. Maybe bring back Alexei if the price is right, although he should get a better contract in free agency. If they sign an OF, like Upton, what do you do with Garcia? Just 24 on opening day, he led MLB in OF assists last year, but runs the bases like a moron (hello Sox coaching staff) and can't hit or layoff the high fastball. Tough to give up on somebody so young with so many tools.

Offline Big Phil

• The Doctor is IN
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2015, 10:49:24 AM »
it sure helps that KC will be weaker as well

Offline DeezNutz

« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2015, 10:03:08 AM »
Sox are a move or two away from competing for the AL Central.  Need an impact bat in the OF, I'm good with Cespedes, Upton, or Gordon.  Cespedes brings energy, big power, and doesn't cost a pick, Upton is the youngest of all of them and you get him in his prime, and Gordon is left handed, plays great defense and hurts a division rival.  Maybe add a back of the rotation starter as insurance. 

Can't complain at all what they are doing.  They have already improved C, 2B and now 3B.  Still have the best pitching in the AL.  I also think they are still going after Carlos Gonzalez.  Just a hunch, but they have always liked him, he has big power, and is left handed.  We shall see!