Offseason Moves

• 30 replies

Offline joker2305

Offseason Moves
« on: May 21, 2015, 01:57:41 PM »
I wanted to start a thread to gauge where people think this team is at and what we need to do moving forward. Personally, I don't think we should blow the whole thing up. I think our first priority needs to be finding the right coach. Someone offensive minded, but also will listen to management and utilize the advice/ opinions of his assistants. I love Jo, but I think if we can get any value in return for him in a trade we have to take it. I think we'll ultimately lose one or two more pieces to free up cap space. If possible, I think we should keep rose, butler, and miritic as the core and build around them. Unfortunately, McDermott doesn't have much trade value since he hardly ever played, but I haven't given up hope for him. Does Gasol have one more year left, or two?  Maybe we can find another diamond at the of round 1 on draft night in June. Thoughts?
"I see pride! I see power! I see a badass mudda, who don't take no shit off of nobody!"

Offline Hawk

Re: Offseason Moves
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2015, 02:22:48 PM »
I absolutely think it needs to be blown up,

its not working and something new needs to be tried.

step 1-  see yah Thibs! this team needs a new coach that "gets it". Thibs player management is terrible, he has ZERO clue about running an offense. he is strictly a defense minded coach and I think we are seeing why he was an assistant for all those years in the NBA. its not working he needs to go

step 2-  let dead wood go - Hinrich, Dunleavy... bye!

Step 3 - Trade Noah - If there is ANY value left for Noah take it and move forward. I like the guy but his body cant take it anymore, he was not himself this last postseason. you are risking a lot in an asset like that when you already have one guy on the books with a questionable medical future. How about sending Jo to the Knicks for the #4 pick? Lets start to build around Jimmy and some of the other young pieces like Mirotic, Mcdermott.

Either go rebuild, or make a play for some free agents if you can clear enough space, some nice players on the market this summer...maybe see if you can pry Love away from the Cavs, because if he stays there, then there is no way the Bulls are winning anything in at least the next 3-4 years with the roster they have, so you might as well go rebuild then

http://www.csnchicago.com/bulls/bulls-roster-not-just-thibs-question-future-too
« Last Edit: May 21, 2015, 02:24:54 PM by Hawk »
If you don't read the papers you're uninformed. If you do read them, you're misinformed - Mark Twain

Offline Big Phil

• The Illini Doctor of Love
  • The Doctor is IN
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2015, 02:41:32 PM »
yeah I agree with hawk, not sure that is blowing it up though, lets say major changed are needed if the GOAL is to win a title
Bite it Big Ten, here come the MIGHTY ILLINI

Offline Hawk

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2015, 03:08:12 PM »
yeah I agree with hawk, not sure that is blowing it up though, lets say major changed are needed if the GOAL is to win a title

Well they can't get rid of Rose even if they wanted to

You still need to floor a team, got Gasol for 1 more year I believe, after that he's gone. Start the rebuild this year
If you don't read the papers you're uninformed. If you do read them, you're misinformed - Mark Twain

Offline bwbp3

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2015, 03:10:01 PM »
The team as is is stuck in purgatory.  But I would bet they still have Thibs next year.  No way they'll buy him out.  I also think Jo has to go.  He wasn't able to make passes he normally makes and struggled finishing around the rim. I think his body is worn down.  Hawk's idea of him for the 4th pick is a pipe dream though.  Unless you think the next transcendent star is in next year's draft (hint: its not) blowing it up is stupid too.  I'd like to see them bring in an assistant coach with a great offensive history, make sure jimmy and derrick are ok playing with each other, get mirotic more minutes, let my good friend Kirk walk, as well as brooks and dunleavy (they'll keep dunleavy tho).  Some random names I'll throw out that I'd like them to sign are Ed Davis to replace Jo, Millsap or Marc Gasol(even though Im sure they can't afford them), and Reggie Jackson or Ish Smith.  Have to give Butler the max, even though I don't believe hes even close to worth it.  Hell, if Gordon Hayward is a max player, Jimmy sure is.

Offline tbcamp

• Keep your eye on the prize
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2015, 03:22:06 PM »
Noah and Thibs to NO for their first? The problem with Joakim is that he can't play with Gasol. I love Noah, but he is a shell of himself. I think we need to play Rose, Butler, McDermott, Mirotic and Gasol, with Snell and Gibson as your 6 and 7. Two first round picks, one for a big man and one for a point, and let that team blend. If Rose is healthy, we will be vastly improved. His play was the best thing going forward.

Offline Musson

• Me and "The Girls Next Door" Sorry boys!
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2015, 03:22:17 PM »
Orlando will give 5th pick for him (Thibs) is what I'm hearing. And pay him 7-8mil a year :ROTFL1:
Centennial Chargers Class of 1992, we sucked, but still proud!!!? Lifetime member and founder of CTOWN POSSE!

Offline joker2305

« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2015, 03:26:39 PM »
I absolutely think it needs to be blown up,

its not working and something new needs to be tried.

step 1-  see yah Thibs! this team needs a new coach that "gets it". Thibs player management is terrible, he has ZERO clue about running an offense. he is strictly a defense minded coach and I think we are seeing why he was an assistant for all those years in the NBA. its not working he needs to go

step 2-  let dead wood go - Hinrich, Dunleavy... bye!

Step 3 - Trade Noah - If there is ANY value left for Noah take it and move forward. I like the guy but his body cant take it anymore, he was not himself this last postseason. you are risking a lot in an asset like that when you already have one guy on the books with a questionable medical future. How about sending Jo to the Knicks for the #4 pick? Lets start to build around Jimmy and some of the other young pieces like Mirotic, Mcdermott.

Either go rebuild, or make a play for some free agents if you can clear enough space, some nice players on the market this summer...maybe see if you can pry Love away from the Cavs, because if he stays there, then there is no way the Bulls are winning anything in at least the next 3-4 years with the roster they have, so you might as well go rebuild then

http://www.csnchicago.com/bulls/bulls-roster-not-just-thibs-question-future-too
hawk, I agree with most of this. first, i'll combine the notion to blow it up with your step one of getting rid of thibs. I agree that we need a different coach, but not that we need to completely blow it up. look at golden state...the team improved by 16 wins from the previous year with a new coach. the only addition was shawn Livingston. a new coach/ offense can make all the difference. also, as bw said, gotta make sure derrick and jimmy are on the same page with this offense. could be the one of the best back court in the league. if we could get almost any pick in the first round for jo i'd be ecstatic. I forgot to mention snell in my original post. if possible, I'd like to keep and develop tony- I think he could be a real player
"I see pride! I see power! I see a badass mudda, who don't take no shit off of nobody!"

Offline Hawk

« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2015, 03:44:25 PM »
The team as is is stuck in purgatory.  But I would bet they still have Thibs next year.  No way they'll buy him out.  I also think Jo has to go.  He wasn't able to make passes he normally makes and struggled finishing around the rim. I think his body is worn down.  Hawk's idea of him for the 4th pick is a pipe dream though.  Unless you think the next transcendent star is in next year's draft (hint: its not) blowing it up is stupid too.  I'd like to see them bring in an assistant coach with a great offensive history, make sure jimmy and derrick are ok playing with each other, get mirotic more minutes, let my good friend Kirk walk, as well as brooks and dunleavy (they'll keep dunleavy tho).  Some random names I'll throw out that I'd like them to sign are Ed Davis to replace Jo, Millsap or Marc Gasol(even though Im sure they can't afford them), and Reggie Jackson or Ish Smith.  Have to give Butler the max, even though I don't believe hes even close to worth it.  Hell, if Gordon Hayward is a max player, Jimmy sure is.

you dont think NY would take that deal? Jackson need to win now, not 5 years from now.

and they got the 4th pick not the first pick, Noah when healthy is an all star. its a gamble but one I could see Ny taking to get somebody else in their next to Anthony, and specifically a defensive oriented guy as well

Offline Hawk

« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2015, 03:44:48 PM »
Orlando will give 5th pick for him (Thibs) is what I'm hearing. And pay him 7-8mil a year :ROTFL1:

LOL...done!