Bulls Playoff Thread

• 115 replies

Offline Hawk

Re: Bulls Playoff Thread
« Reply #110 on: May 15, 2015, 01:26:25 PM »
Is Jimmy a top 30 player?  Absolutely. Probably top 20.

very much disagree! 

you give Jimmy a max contract you're going to have over half your salary tied up in 2 players one of which is damaged goods and cant perform day in and out anymore at the level in which you thought you were paying for , and the other is not a take over a game player, he's not, hes a good overall player that plays good D
« Last Edit: May 15, 2015, 01:29:06 PM by Hawk »
If you don't read the papers you're uninformed. If you do read them, you're misinformed - Mark Twain

Offline tbcamp

• Keep your eye on the prize
« Reply #111 on: May 16, 2015, 06:49:44 AM »
No you won't. New K negotiations this offseason, and the salary cap is going to double, at least.

Offline Big Phil

• The Illini Doctor of Love
  • The Doctor is IN
« Reply #112 on: May 16, 2015, 01:56:35 PM »
if that happens tb then sign him to the max and its fine
Bite it Big Ten, here come the MIGHTY ILLINI

Offline Reaper

• Woodchipper expert
  • Fear The Reaper!!!
« Reply #113 on: May 16, 2015, 03:13:56 PM »
*   Butler will get a max deal. The only young 2way sg in the league that comes close to him is Klay Thompson who will also get a max deal (Dwade and Kobe are on borrowed time).

*   Kirk has to go. He is a veteran pg who makes the on court decisions of a rookie and he defense is waaay overrated (See JR Smith abusing him).

*   I've NEVER been a fan of Noah. His lack of offense cripples the Bulls and he isnt a good fit along side Pau. He can't score in the low post and can't hit the mid range jumper. Everyone raves about his passing but he makes just a many bad passes as he does assist. I also cringe we he grabs a board and tries to lead the break.

*   Thibs has to go, him playing Kirk is reason enough but the players have seemed to tune him out.

*   The Bulls need a backup PG that can run a team, not a hired gun (see Nate, DJ, CJ and Brooks).

*   While getting his kness back healthy It seems that DRose didn't spend that time becoming a student of the game. He doesn't make his teammates better consistently and his bad shot selection cripples the team. When ever the Bulls go on a run you can bet your last dollar that Drose will put up a Brandon Paul heat check 3 to kill the momentum. I'm not saying get rid of him but he needs to learn how to be a PG.

My name is Grimm Reaper. Commander of the Death Stalkers FBB team, General of the Rude Dawgs FFB team and loyal poster on the "True" message board "The Illini Nation". Member of a pissed off fan base, supporter of a betrayed program, and I shall have my revenge in this season or the next!

Offline Hawk

« Reply #114 on: May 16, 2015, 04:18:35 PM »
*   Butler will get a max deal. The only young 2way sg in the league that comes close to him is Klay Thompson who will also get a max deal (Dwade and Kobe are on borrowed time).

*   Kirk has to go. He is a veteran pg who makes the on court decisions of a rookie and he defense is waaay overrated (See JR Smith abusing him).

*   I've NEVER been a fan of Noah. His lack of offense cripples the Bulls and he isnt a good fit along side Pau. He can't score in the low post and can't hit the mid range jumper. Everyone raves about his passing but he makes just a many bad passes as he does assist. I also cringe we he grabs a board and tries to lead the break.

*   Thibs has to go, him playing Kirk is reason enough but the players have seemed to tune him out.

*   The Bulls need a backup PG that can run a team, not a hired gun (see Nate, DJ, CJ and Brooks).

*   While getting his kness back healthy It seems that DRose didn't spend that time becoming a student of the game. He doesn't make his teammates better consistently and his bad shot selection cripples the team. When ever the Bulls go on a run you can bet your last dollar that Drose will put up a Brandon Paul heat check 3 to kill the momentum. I'm not saying get rid of him but he needs to learn how to be a PG.

Couldn't get rid of Rose if they tried anyway... Nobody is taking that contract with his injury history and the player he is now
If you don't read the papers you're uninformed. If you do read them, you're misinformed - Mark Twain

Offline tbcamp

• Keep your eye on the prize
« Reply #115 on: May 16, 2015, 08:04:08 PM »
Kirk not only sucks, and hurt the team, he brought disrespect on Thibs because he played favorites at others expense. I believe McDermott, Snell and Mirotic can all play, and without Thib's stubborn refusal to let them develop by playing, they'll flourish.