Classless Cliff picks KU

• 400 replies

Offline Hawk

« Last Edit: November 15, 2013, 05:22:28 PM by Big Phil »
If you don't read the papers you're uninformed. If you do read them, you're misinformed - Mark Twain

Re: Cliff Alexander Updates Recruitment (video)
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2013, 04:33:56 PM »
These videos don't show up on my iPhone.  What did he say?
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.  2 Chronicles 7:14

Offline obmtl

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2013, 06:00:14 PM »
Kentucky is out. Loves every other place he is considering. Every coach is a great guy. Says Leron Black is a good friend and Quentin is a nice guy to hang out with. Jerrance (while he was at Illinois) was first to offer him a scholarship. Decision maybe in mid December.

Offline Drama

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2013, 11:06:45 PM »
I think the December decision is to throw everyone off.  I don't see him getting past that Nov. signing date without making a choice.  If he goes to KU's midnight madness and leaves without a commitment I think we have a chance. 

The positives are we have Mom on our side and he mentions connections with Groce the entire staff and several players.  The connections are better and deeper with UI over any other school he is looking at. 

The negatives are this Jq Lyle thing and him maybe adding other teams to the mix just for Lyle.  Seems odd for him to put this recruitment in Lyle's hands to me.  Also KU has a better roster not by much and history than we do to go along with his girlfriend and add J Howard as the cherry on top. 

KU, UI, MSU, and Memphis is the list to me then whoever is interested in Lyle. 

I really don't want to see this drag out until the spring. 
On paper, I can always convince myself that the talent is there to contend among college basketball's elite, even if it's obviously foolish to expect it.

Offline Hawk

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2013, 10:34:33 AM »
I think the December decision is to throw everyone off.  I don't see him getting past that Nov. signing date without making a choice.  If he goes to KU's midnight madness and leaves without a commitment I think we have a chance. 

The positives are we have Mom on our side and he mentions connections with Groce the entire staff and several players.  The connections are better and deeper with UI over any other school he is looking at. 

The negatives are this Jq Lyle thing and him maybe adding other teams to the mix just for Lyle.  Seems odd for him to put this recruitment in Lyle's hands to me.  Also KU has a better roster not by much and history than we do to go along with his girlfriend and add J Howard as the cherry on top. 

yeah, but as ive said before hes just a luxury for us at this point, were maxed and would have to make some move to accommodate him. so if he has his heart set on KU, so be it, we shouldnt sweat it one bit.  If he wants to come here great! we certainly can make room, but we dont have to..know what I mean?
If you don't read the papers you're uninformed. If you do read them, you're misinformed - Mark Twain

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2013, 12:12:32 PM »

yeah, but as ive said before hes just a luxury for us at this point, were maxed and would have to make some move to accommodate him. so if he has his heart set on KU, so be it, we shouldnt sweat it one bit.  If he wants to come here great! we certainly can make room, but we dont have to..know what I mean?
My first thought was that if he goes to KU, I'd hate to have to face him in the national semifinals in two years, but then he'll probably already be playing pro, so no worries.  We're good.

Offline chief321

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2013, 12:56:12 PM »
I'd say KU is the team to beat at this point..but we have a reasonable shot as well.  I think the key will be actually getting him on campus.  If we get to the official visit, I think we have a good shot. 
If we don't get him, we don't...I won't lose much sleep over it. 

Offline Hawk

« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2013, 01:04:19 PM »
I'd say KU is the team to beat at this point..but we have a reasonable shot as well.  I think the key will be actually getting him on campus.  If we get to the official visit, I think we have a good shot. 
If we don't get him, we don't...I won't lose much sleep over it.

nope , me either  :icon_biggrin:

its all much more easy to take with Snider and Black already firmly aboard

Offline Hawk

« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2013, 01:06:35 PM »
http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/blogpost?blogname=chicagohigh-school&id=3553&city=chicago&src=desktop&wjb

I dont think its as "in the bag" for Kansas as some people seem to be rumoring, I think he really is wide open, I think there's a good chance he takes all his visits  too

if we can at least get him down here for an official, I feel we have as good a chance as any, if he still chooses elsewhere I wont feel bad one bit, just to be in the final picture for a player like this, and if we can get him down here would be great

Offline EasyESmall

« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2013, 09:00:54 PM »
i think it is interesting that Illinois is his last official visit (assuming he gets that far).  Gotta hope...
Building My Post Count - One Stupid Comment At A Time.

I'm Super Elite, God Dammit!!!!  How come that doesn't get me a raise at my job?