December 18, 2014 02:09 PM

Author Topic: Roy Schmidt has something to say to Illini fans  (Read 1164 times)

Offline Firehawk

• Administrator
  • My Badges Awarded to the 2007 I-N Fantasy Baseball League Runner-Up Awarded to the 2009 I-N Fantasy Baseball League Champ Awarded to the 2007 I-N Fantasy Basketball League Champ Awarded to the 2008 I-N Fantasy Basketball League Runner-Up Awarded to the 2013 I-N Fantasy baseball league Champ Awarded to the 2013 I-N Bracket Challenge 3rd Place Finisher Awarded to 3rd place winner of Fantasy basketball for 2012-13 season Awarded to winner of Fantasy basketball for 2011-12 season Awarded to the 2010 I-N Fantasy Basketball League Champ Awarded to the 2010 I-N Fantasy Hockey League Runner-Up Awarded to the top 10 topic starters Awarded to the top 10 Members with the most posts
    • Awards
Roy Schmidt has something to say to Illini fans
« on: August 16, 2013, 07:06:49 PM »
Nice isnt it?    at least Wildcat fans are more "stupid" ....

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=179&f=1606&t=11781408

Illini-Nation ‏@IlliniNationNet 45s
Roy Schmidt @prepbullseye doesn't seem to like #Illini or #Wildcat fans much, in fact he thinks they are all stupid

Offline JMWIllini

• Entry Member
    • Awards
Re: Roy Schmidt has something to say to Illini fans
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2013, 02:43:23 AM »
Oh how I love it when Roy goes off. 

Offline Firehawk

• Administrator
  • My Badges Awarded to the 2007 I-N Fantasy Baseball League Runner-Up Awarded to the 2009 I-N Fantasy Baseball League Champ Awarded to the 2007 I-N Fantasy Basketball League Champ Awarded to the 2008 I-N Fantasy Basketball League Runner-Up Awarded to the 2013 I-N Fantasy baseball league Champ Awarded to the 2013 I-N Bracket Challenge 3rd Place Finisher Awarded to 3rd place winner of Fantasy basketball for 2012-13 season Awarded to winner of Fantasy basketball for 2011-12 season Awarded to the 2010 I-N Fantasy Basketball League Champ Awarded to the 2010 I-N Fantasy Hockey League Runner-Up Awarded to the top 10 topic starters Awarded to the top 10 Members with the most posts
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2013, 09:50:43 AM »

I'll never understand why somebody who writes about high school basketball players in Illinois would take to message boards and attack the very people that they would claim an audience to, calling them stupid. I dunno, seems just a bit counter productive if you ask me

Offline Big Phil

• The Illini Doctor of Love
  • Administrator
  • The Doctor is IN
  • My Badges Awarded to the 2012-13 I-N NFL Pick 'Em Champ Awarded to the 2012-13 I-N College Pick 'Em 3rd Place Finisher Awarded to the 2011 2nd place winner of the college bowl pickem Awarded to the 2010 I-N Fantasy Hockey League 3rd Place Awarded to the 2010 I-N College Pick 'Em 3rd Place Finisher Awarded to I-N Charter Members Awarded to the 2009 I-N Fantasy Baseball League 3rd Place Finisher Awarded to the top 10 Members with the most posts Awarded to the top 10 topic starters Awarded to the 2008 I-N Fantasy Football League 3rd Place Finisher Awarded to the 2007 I-N Fantasy Football League 3rd Place Finisher Awarded to the 2007 I-N Fantasy Basketball League 3rd Place Finisher
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2013, 10:17:22 AM »
Never heard of him
Bite it Big Ten, here come the MIGHTY ILLINI

Offline JMWIllini

• Entry Member
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2013, 07:11:38 AM »

I'll never understand why somebody who writes about high school basketball players in Illinois would take to message boards and attack the very people that they would claim an audience to, calling them stupid. I dunno, seems just a bit counter productive if you ask me

Yeah, but it is always grab some popcorn and a beer moment. 

Offline stlfan79

• My Badges Awarded to the 2010 I-N Fantasy Basketball League 3rd Place Finisher Awarded to the Members who are U of I Alum Awarded to the 2009 I-N Fantasy Baseball League Runner-Up
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2013, 07:30:07 PM »
Who cares about this guy - his job is to chase high school boys around the country.  Guy has problems.

Offline Firehawk

• Administrator
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2013, 01:34:40 PM »
the latest from Roy... making claims that almost every fan of the illini (Illini nation in general) is calling Cliff Alexander a liar, this stems from this past weekend when apparently it was rumored that he was going to be on campus. A few people tweeted things saying he really was despite him saying on his own page he was not, most likely immature little children just trying to start shit, apparently it worked and that was enough for Roy to bad mouth the entire fan base yet again, because we all know that message boards and twitter represent the better half of all fans of every team.....yeah, uh huh

anyway, it's hard for me to sit by while this guy makes blanket statements like he does and blasts the fan base all over the place lately, so I played a bit of the part of defense for Illini nation today..

Roy Schmidt ‏@prepbullseye Protected account 2h
To the Illini Nation: Cliff Alexander DID NOT lie about anything that he Tweeted over the wkend. Nothing more needs to be said.

Illini-Nation ‏@IlliniNationNet 2h
@prepbullseye instead of stereotyping the entire Illinois fan base, perhaps you should address the individuals responsible

Roy Schmidt ‏@prepbullseye Protected account 2h
@IlliniNationNet I know everyone who is responsible & there are far too many for me to address it individually. If you wish to take that..
 Roy Schmidt ‏@prepbullseye  2h
@IlliniNationNet as stereotyping then be my guest.

Illini-Nation ‏@IlliniNationNet 23m
@prepbullseye  I check a lot of boards, on top of my own. I see a lot of posts and tweets daily. its a small percent sir

Illini-Nation ‏@IlliniNationNet 16m
@prepbullseye it is stereotyping, when you make a blanket statement that says "Illini nation" - this would include every fan of the school

Roy Schmidt ‏@prepbullseye
@IlliniNationNet Not just talking Illini Nation--several others involved as well--too many to mention.

Roy Schmidt
‏@prepbullseye
@IlliniNationNet OK--it isn't EVERY member of the Illini Nation but still far too many. Satisfied now? Not going to argue w/ you.

I guess that's as close to an apology as you'll get from Roy

Offline sadinoel

• Awards
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2013, 06:32:55 PM »
who is this douche?
also, he refuses to say who and refuses to quantify how many is "too many".
logical fallacies everywhere.
"Here's what I was trying to say, but you were listening wrong."  -  My wife to me, recently

Offline Firehawk

• Administrator
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2013, 06:54:48 PM »
who is this douche?

he's the writer at the Illinois prep bulls eye site. he claims to cover the Illinois sports high school scene, yet tears down his main audience, that would be fans of college programs inside the state.

Offline Big Phil

• The Illini Doctor of Love
  • Administrator
  • The Doctor is IN
  • My Badges Awarded to the 2012-13 I-N NFL Pick 'Em Champ Awarded to the 2012-13 I-N College Pick 'Em 3rd Place Finisher Awarded to the 2011 2nd place winner of the college bowl pickem Awarded to the 2010 I-N Fantasy Hockey League 3rd Place Awarded to the 2010 I-N College Pick 'Em 3rd Place Finisher Awarded to I-N Charter Members Awarded to the 2009 I-N Fantasy Baseball League 3rd Place Finisher Awarded to the top 10 Members with the most posts Awarded to the top 10 topic starters Awarded to the 2008 I-N Fantasy Football League 3rd Place Finisher Awarded to the 2007 I-N Fantasy Football League 3rd Place Finisher Awarded to the 2007 I-N Fantasy Basketball League 3rd Place Finisher
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2013, 07:01:40 PM »
who is this douche?

he's the writer at the Illinois prep bulls eye site. he claims to cover the Illinois sports high school scene, yet tears down his main audience, that would be fans of college programs inside the state.

he's some 13 year old kid in his mom's basement and like 35 guys pay to read what he writes
Bite it Big Ten, here come the MIGHTY ILLINI