UIC Post game Thread

• 79 replies

Offline Satsuma Illini

• Native Floridian, Illinois Grad Kirishima, Japan
    • Illini Tennis
Re: UIC Post game Thread
« Reply #70 on: December 19, 2010, 05:41:43 PM »
8. Illinois needs to show up with some toughness against Mizzou in the Braggin? Rights game in St. Louis on Wednesday -- or else they could be headed for a slide. There are simply no excuses for a team this talented to be lose to a 4-7 squad from the Horizon League.

same things we keep hearing every year not only from media, but the players themselves...yet we NEVER see it.

It's not going to change this year. We're going to just have to accept it. If these guys can't get it by now, then they aren't going to. I think I'm going to just reel in the expectations, just hope for one game in the NCAA tourney, and see if they can pull that off. If we are still doing the same things next year, with our roster stacked, then someone is going to be on the hotseat.

« Reply #71 on: December 19, 2010, 07:43:19 PM »
Bad loss, and I fell asleep for a chunk of it.  Just about everyone seems sluggish and stiff, like it was a chore to be there.  At the United Center.

I agree with others that the Cole for Richmond substitution near the end was an odd choice, especially when the ball did not end up where it needed to be.  Richmond was the only one who appeared to understand where he ought to be against the 1-3-1 zone and seemed to be the only one with a fire lit under his tushy.  I appreciate Cole?s place on the team, but he?s simply not nearly as talented as Richmond.

Also agree that we shouldn?t have been down that late in the game.  Richardson and Paul both had an off day offensively, and that combined with the seniors? overall lackluster playing made for an ugly loss.

The extra-frustrating thing about Mike and Mike is just when it appears Weber should pull them because of lazy defense, or ding-a-ling fouls, they do something to get the crowd off their feet or jumpstart a run.  Perhaps that?s why Weber has been so adamant about playing them.  Ugh.

Hopefully they?ll get their act together for Mizzou since they are a tougher team, and, as others have pointed out, we continue to play up or down to our competition.  It?s too early in the season to be in the mindset of having easy games in the bag.

Offline obmtl

« Reply #72 on: December 19, 2010, 08:01:07 PM »

It?s too early in the season to be in the mindset of having easy games in the bag.

This should never be the mindset for any team, especially not for this one who has a history of not showing up. The mindset should always be to run the other team out of the gym. Make the coaching staff play the reserves and call of the dogs when it gets out of hand.

Offline Big Phil

• The Illini Doctor of Love
  • The Doctor is IN
« Reply #73 on: December 19, 2010, 08:29:09 PM »
Bad loss, and I fell asleep for a chunk of it.  Just about everyone seems sluggish and stiff, like it was a chore to be there.  At the United Center.

I agree with others that the Cole for Richmond substitution near the end was an odd choice, especially when the ball did not end up where it needed to be.  Richmond was the only one who appeared to understand where he ought to be against the 1-3-1 zone and seemed to be the only one with a fire lit under his tushy.  I appreciate Cole?s place on the team, but he?s simply not nearly as talented as Richmond.

Also agree that we shouldn?t have been down that late in the game.  Richardson and Paul both had an off day offensively, and that combined with the seniors? overall lackluster playing made for an ugly loss.

The extra-frustrating thing about Mike and Mike is just when it appears Weber should pull them because of lazy defense, or ding-a-ling fouls, they do something to get the crowd off their feet or jumpstart a run.  Perhaps that?s why Weber has been so adamant about playing them.  Ugh.

Hopefully they?ll get their act together for Mizzou since they are a tougher team, and, as others have pointed out, we continue to play up or down to our competition.  It?s too early in the season to be in the mindset of having easy games in the bag.

Great first post welcome aboard  :thumbup:
Bite it Big Ten, here come the MIGHTY ILLINI

Offline lwchicago

• If you could turn back the hands of time
« Reply #74 on: December 19, 2010, 08:31:46 PM »
No hustle, no drive, no fight, no running.....nothing, just thought the #14 would get it done for them.

same mentality as last year...except they didn't even have the number last year.....its sad

with each passing game more and more I cant wait till the 2007 class is gone and we can start to move on with a new group of leaders for this team.

The only player i will hate to see go is DMac.........if we had other studs(bigs) around him...he would average 10 assists a game.....he really is the only player on the regular that shows Illini pride out of the seniors
When life gets tough........I get tougher

« Reply #75 on: December 19, 2010, 10:15:03 PM »
 :nonono:As long as Weber is the coach at Illinois we better get use to these types of defeats.He has proven year after year that he has no motivational skills at all.If we had a team of boxers,we would get Ko'd in the 1st round. :Wallbash: :Wallbash:

Offline Crusader

« Reply #76 on: December 20, 2010, 12:56:21 AM »
:nonono:As long as Weber is the coach at Illinois we better get use to these types of defeats.He has proven year after year that he has no motivational skills at all.If we had a team of boxers,we would get Ko'd in the 1st round. :Wallbash: :Wallbash:

I know what you mean.  When Weber misses that 3 pointer to win the game it really frustrates me. 

« Reply #77 on: December 20, 2010, 10:41:29 AM »

I know what you mean.  When Weber misses that 3 pointer to win the game it really frustrates me.
Your right,thats another problem.Were down 1 and thats the best play he could come up with,should have expected it coming from a coach who has no idea how to get the ball inside.

Offline Big Phil

• The Doctor is IN
« Reply #78 on: December 20, 2010, 11:11:01 AM »
That play was poor, UIC had been fouling all day, take it to the freaking hoop!

But that is not this team. Alas, we will jump shoot our way in or out of every game we play

Offline Big Phil

• The Doctor is IN
« Reply #79 on: December 20, 2010, 11:11:43 AM »
Guys I'm going to lock this one up, a couple days of venting in the postgame sounds good to me  :thumbup: