TAILGATING 101

• 3 replies

Offline Musson

• Me and "The Girls Next Door" Sorry boys!
TAILGATING 101
« on: September 17, 2010, 09:49:37 PM »
According to Wikipedia.....TAILGATING is defined as follows.

In the United States, a tailgate party is a social event held on and around the open tailgate of a vehicle. Tailgating often involves consuming beverages and grilling food. Tailgate parties usually occur in the parking lots at stadiums and arenas before, and occasionally after or during, sporting events and rock concerts. People attending such a party are said to be tailgating. Many people participate even if their vehicles do not have tailgates.

Tailgate parties have become popular in the United States as social gatherings that take place in stadium parking lots before football games.

Pretty fair explanation of what "TAILGATING" is.  Most, if not all, of us have been to what people consider to be a "tailgate" before a football game.  We eat, we drink, we socialize, we wait, we look around, we eat, drink...then finally the game begins, and we ditch that tailgate for the game.  The only time we tend to look back is when the team we are rooting for is getting smeared, and we would rather be anywhere else than inside that stadium watching the smearfest.

All around the country, on Saturdays and Sundays, you can find groups of friends, family, and fellow fans gathering into what is referred to as a "tailgate".  College campuses everywhere swell all autumn long with people heading to the game of their favorite college football team.  Sunday is game day for the NFL.  This is where people go to show off what they have learned in MANY years tailgating in the "minor leagues" on college Saturday mornings. 

Things you are almost guaranteed to see at tailgate parties large and small, are a grill, a cooler full of beer, and smiles on people's faces. 

NO MATTER how bad the team is that is playing after the tailgate, everyone is happy AT the tailgate, basically because there is a grill that produces food, and a cooler of beer, which if drank properly, can pretty much cause anyone to forget all about the fact that there is a game getting ready to take place.

Coming soon....

Tailgating essentials.

Easy tailgating recipes.

Grill versus Smoker pros/cons.

Tailgating away from home.

Taigating in THE BIG 10

Centennial Chargers Class of 1992, we sucked, but still proud!!!? Lifetime member and founder of CTOWN POSSE!

Offline Crusader

Re: TAILGATING 101
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2010, 09:51:57 PM »
Oh hell yeah.  I've been waiting for this Musson.  Can't wait to read your tailgating recipes!

Offline BYS

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2010, 11:31:12 PM »
2 ounces Makers Mark
4 ice cubes

Put ice cubes in glass
Cover with Markers Mark
Enjoy
I ain't askin for nuthin, if I can't get it on my own. If ya don't like the way I'm livin', ya just leave this long haired country boy alone.

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.  -Thomas Jefferson

"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government -- lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." Patrick Henry

Offline Crusader

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2010, 12:32:37 AM »
2 ounces Makers Mark
4 ice cubes

Put ice cubes in glass
Cover with Markers Mark
Enjoy

Repeat as necessary.