Bugs to report with new site

• 5 replies

Bugs to report with new site
« on: July 13, 2010, 01:33:46 AM »
I was just typing a reply to a post in the baskteball forum, and when I went to start typing in the embedded post screen the post window kept jumping away from my typing.  Each keystroke on the keyboard forced the scroll bar to jump and away from my new text.  It was quite annoying.  I hope this is something wrong on my end, but seeing how this is a brand new design, I figured it wouldn't hurt to notify someone about it. 

I wasn't sure if there was another thread for this or where the appropriate place was to put it, so I started one in the place I thought it fit best.  Feel free to move it wherever. 

Offline Big Phil

• The Illini Doctor of Love
  • The Doctor is IN
Re: Bugs to report with new site
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2010, 02:12:59 AM »
Thanks Bio this spot is fine, I'm sure when Crusader logs on in the morning he'll check it out. I have not had a similar problem. Appreciate the input  :thumbup:
Bite it Big Ten, here come the MIGHTY ILLINI

Offline Crusader

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2010, 10:09:58 AM »
I was just typing a reply to a post in the baskteball forum, and when I went to start typing in the embedded post screen the post window kept jumping away from my typing.  Each keystroke on the keyboard forced the scroll bar to jump and away from my new text.  It was quite annoying.  I hope this is something wrong on my end, but seeing how this is a brand new design, I figured it wouldn't hurt to notify someone about it. 

I wasn't sure if there was another thread for this or where the appropriate place was to put it, so I started one in the place I thought it fit best.  Feel free to move it wherever. 
Are you referring to the "Quick Reply" box at the bottom of the screen?

Offline Hawk

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2010, 12:30:45 PM »

i've had this happen before too in the past...usually when im using my crappy laptop at home, its not a problem with the site....Are you using internet explorer?  if so try upgrading it to the most current version....also depending on the version, you might have some stupid little box at the top near the menu bar next to the refresh button, it looks like a torn sheet of paper.... it says "compatible view" try clicking that

I use Firefox now because I cant stand IE and their stupid little quirks anymore
« Last Edit: July 13, 2010, 12:39:27 PM by Firehawk »
If you don't read the papers you're uninformed. If you do read them, you're misinformed - Mark Twain

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2010, 03:23:59 PM »
i've had this happen before too in the past...usually when im using my crappy laptop at home, its not a problem with the site....Are you using internet explorer?  if so try upgrading it to the most current version....also depending on the version, you might have some stupid little box at the top near the menu bar next to the refresh button, it looks like a torn sheet of paper.... it says "compatible view" try clicking that

I use Firefox now because I cant stand IE and their stupid little quirks anymore

Thanks Hawk for the helpful hints.  I'll see if it happens again and check out that torn page icon at the top.  Yes I am using IE but I think It's only version 7.  Havne't upgraded to version 8 yet. 

Crusader, yes it was in the reply box with a quote added.  Don't know if that helps you.  Perhaps if Hawk has experienced the same problem, it may not be a bug with the new site format.  Like I said, I'll see if it happens again and pass on more info. 

Offline Hawk

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2010, 11:54:27 AM »
Thanks Hawk for the helpful hints.  I'll see if it happens again and check out that torn page icon at the top.  Yes I am using IE but I think It's only version 7.  Havne't upgraded to version 8 yet. 

Crusader, yes it was in the reply box with a quote added.  Don't know if that helps you.  Perhaps if Hawk has experienced the same problem, it may not be a bug with the new site format.  Like I said, I'll see if it happens again and pass on more info.

were you able to solve the problem Bio ?
« Last Edit: July 21, 2010, 11:57:37 AM by Firehawk »
If you don't read the papers you're uninformed. If you do read them, you're misinformed - Mark Twain