Two Illini with clearinghouse problems

• 11 replies

Offline glinil

Two Illini with clearinghouse problems
« on: August 23, 2006, 02:04:32 AM »
Jerry Brown from Vashon in St louis and Melvin Alaeze from Hargrave Mil Academy have been reported to have some clearinghouse issues. Hope this gets cleared up quickly.

Offline IllianaOne

• Meet IllianaTwo
Re: Two Illini with clearinghouse problems
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2006, 09:58:07 PM »
Jerry Brown from Vashon in St louis and Melvin Alaeze from Hargrave Mil Academy have been reported to have some clearinghouse issues. Hope this gets cleared up quickly.

Any news here yet? These guys will be giving some minutes if they are available. EIU would be a nice break in game for them.

Offline Hawk

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2006, 10:12:07 PM »
Arent they suppose to settle these things before the student starts school???

U of I started last week
If you don't read the papers you're uninformed. If you do read them, you're misinformed - Mark Twain

illinifan1184

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2006, 10:35:59 PM »
actually, the U of I started on wednesday of this week.  i know because i live here in Urbana and i have several friends that go there.

Offline Hawk

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2006, 11:04:56 PM »
actually, the U of I started on wednesday of this week.? i know because i live here in Urbana and i have several friends that go there.

so do I, my friend started on Tuesday
If you don't read the papers you're uninformed. If you do read them, you're misinformed - Mark Twain

Offline glinil

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2006, 12:26:05 PM »
No real news.  The two players were included in the team picture at fan appreciation day, but left after the pictures. It was reported the staff was confident the situation would work out. I would think that a program such as ours would check this very carefully before hand. I remember reading mailings in the summer urging prospective athletes to get their stuff to the clearing house on time(early). I know we are taking a chance on some at risk kids, but surely the staff would check. This was one of the reasons Alaeze went to prep school. News comes up on fighting Illini.com. That is U of I's official Athletic Site.  Go Illini.

Offline IllianaOne

• Meet IllianaTwo
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2006, 03:25:17 PM »
Does anyone know if these kids will be cleared by Saturday?

Offline glinil

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2006, 01:51:09 PM »
No one knows. an IB post was deleted on the subject.

Offline Hawk

« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2006, 01:52:37 PM »
No one knows. an IB post was deleted on the subject.

typical

Offline glinil

« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2006, 09:57:37 PM »
OK, I have no idea what is going on here.? Two?IB posters from Block I thought? they saw Melvin this morning, as well as another guy who is one of the duece chatters. The mystery deepens. oooooooooh