New to the board

• 1 replies

New to the board
« on: December 07, 2009, 12:24:42 PM »
I am new to the board, but have been reading the others for quite some time. I have to say it's pretty refreshing to read a thread about the actual topic, and not have name calling, or have it be hijacked about 3 posts in.

Now to the topic of the forum. I live in Western, IL (Quincy, IL area) and am currently under contract for Freight Logistics. I am working on-site at our client's corporate office. Long story short - what started out great has turned into an unfavorable work environment, not to mention, the corporate structure of the company I work for has become a little questionable. I have over 10 years experience in freight/logistics and Customer Service. I would like to try and stay in the area if at all possible (my wife teaches at an elementary school, and loves it there) - plus we have 2 young kids (one of which just started school).

Any leads anyone can provide would be great - plus I am willing to commute a decent amount if need be (Springfield, IL is not out of the question for the right opportunity).

Thanks - and I look forward to some interesting discussions in the months to come.

Offline LAlady81

Re: New to the board
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2009, 01:34:38 PM »
Welcome!  I can't help you out in the job situation but I can welcome you to the board!
"Religion is for those afraid of hell; spirituality is for those who have already been there"

No matter how dark the moment, love and peace are always near.

Daddy cried when he saw my tattoo, said he loved me anyway.