Guys I need your help if you can.

• 13 replies

Offline illiniman94

Re: Guys I need your help if you can.
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2009, 12:43:57 PM »
You ever consider relocating to a better market? I loved growing up in Ill and still wish I lived there sometimes, but face it, it's not exactly a thriving area, especially regarding MFG'ing.

I moved back to my small town in IL in 2005 so our kids could go to a great school districts.  I relocated them 5 times following the almighty corporate dollar and I will not do that to them again.   That being said I am not limiting my search to anywhere and I am looking at 100% travel jobs, telecommute jobs (ha like those really exist), and I am looking for jobs in wherever even if I have to get an apartment there and come home on the occasional weekend. 

The Central, IL job market is as strong as anywhere in the country, other than one or two places, but again I am not limiting my search to just here......I am simply not moving my family if I can land something somewhere else.

I am really looking for a contract role (get paid by the hour with no insurance and they are typically 6-18 months in duration) and when the market turns I can find something permanent back here.  I am also considering going back to school for something in the medical or school administration fields (who in the world would think and MBA and 25 years of successful experience wouldn't be enough education).

Note to young ones out there......either start your own business, become a medical professional, or get hired by a fortune 500 company early on (as long as you don't kill somebody it is hard to lose your job once you have been there for more than five years).............other wise the rest of the market is volatile as hell and you can count on having to look for a new job numerous times in your career.

« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2009, 01:03:09 PM »
My sister has a Nursing degree, a MBA (tailored to hospital administration), and 25 years experience.  She just got hired back in our old hometown after a six month search.  The deciding factor was knowing people there. 

Offline illiniman94

« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2009, 02:54:50 PM »
My sister has a Nursing degree, a MBA (tailored to hospital administration), and 25 years experience.  She just got hired back in our old hometown after a six month search.  The deciding factor was knowing people there. 

There is no substitute for knowing people....no doubt.

« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2009, 01:58:01 PM »

There is no substitute for knowing people....no doubt.

Except maybe, knowing people that have lots and lots of money they want to give to you.

:beg:
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.  2 Chronicles 7:14