Marchpool Illini-Nation Tournament - 1st weekend Rounds 1 and 2

• 5 replies

BIG goes 5-0 day 1.  I found myself routing for Belmont over MD FWIW.

Ja Morant and Murray State are the real deal!  I expect them to give ACC runner up FLA ST all they can handle, and won't be surprised if/when they win.

Izzo went berserk with a kid for not playing D ... kid hits clutch shot to save a loss to #15 Bradley.

*** Marchpool Results from Day 1 -- Consider bookmarking this page, or just revisit
<a> https://www.marchpool.com/pools/show/468?year=2019 <a/>

Offline Musson

• Me and "The Girls Next Door" Sorry boys!
Re: Marchpool Illini-Nation Tournament - 1st weekend Rounds 1 and 2
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2019, 08:40:58 AM »
Damn.  I really thought Nevada was going to make a run this year.  And Belmont almost....
Centennial Chargers Class of 1992, we sucked, but still proud!!!? Lifetime member and founder of CTOWN POSSE!

Offline Hawk

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2019, 10:26:23 AM »
man I miss being excited about the NCAA tourney. with Illinois floundering the last several years it just doesnt have the same feeling anymore...its sad but id kill for a one and done team even! lol   :nonono:
If you don't read the papers you're uninformed. If you do read them, you're misinformed - Mark Twain

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2019, 01:12:21 PM »
Damn.  I really thought Nevada was going to make a run this year.  And Belmont almost....
Yeah Musson - I hear you about Belmont and Nevada ... woulda/coulda/shoulda

A lot of critical mistakes that saved better seeded teams.

Hoping for the flipside today: comebacks or OT, maybe even a buzzer beating dagger if we are lucky

Offline ctibass

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2019, 01:05:36 AM »
Holy crap I'm tied for first after the first round, never happened before.  Fortunately only one of my misses can affect me next weekend.  Unfortunately, that miss was Wisconsin who I slated in the elite 8 due to what I thought was an easy draw.

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2019, 02:09:00 AM »
Holy crap I'm tied for first after the first round, never happened before.  Fortunately only one of my misses can affect me next weekend.  Unfortunately, that miss was Wisconsin who I slated in the elite 8 due to what I thought was an easy draw.

I don't think anybody knew about Oregon's center (Wooten).  That guy dominated the second half - truly a FREAK athlete.  He blocked a Reuvers shot into the seats ... 35 feet away!

Really enjoyed VA and UNC losing at half ... esp VA, who were down 10+ most of the 1st half.

Iowa and tOSU played to their potential.  BIG is 7-1, with Minny v MSU tomorrow ... pathetic tourney planning!