Sox Trade Quintana to CUBS!

• 5 replies

Offline tbcamp

• Keep your eye on the prize
Sox Trade Quintana to CUBS!
« on: July 13, 2017, 08:17:23 PM »
Looks like a good deal for both clubs. Cubs get Quintana, who is now they're number 1, and he's under control through 2020. At 28, he should be entering his prime. The Cubs gave up their two best prospects, Eloy Jimenez, a corner OF, ranked the #5 prospect in baseball, and Dylan Cease, a 21 year old righty, ranked as the #83 prospect. In addition, the Cubs gave up two other prospects, a well thought of infielder, Frete, from Venezuela, and a power hitting 1B, Rose, the Cubs drafted in 2015. 
« Last Edit: July 13, 2017, 08:21:27 PM by tbcamp »

Offline Big Phil

• The Illini Doctor of Love
  • The Doctor is IN
Re: Sox Trade Quintana to CUBS!
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2017, 11:27:40 PM »
yeah this helps both teams the sox are loading up. Cubs deal from strength really
Bite it Big Ten, here come the MIGHTY ILLINI

Offline bwbp3

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2017, 10:48:11 AM »
As much as I want to debate Quintana being their #1, my only real argument is that they still don't have a #1...besides Eddie Butler, all their starters have ERAs above 4.  Quintana facing the weak NL Central should help him right the ship as he's begun since June.

Offline tbcamp

• Keep your eye on the prize
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2017, 01:50:33 PM »
Quintana pitched in the World Classic and started slow. He's been himself over his last 7 starts. Apparently, the Cubs are also on Sonny Gray.

Offline Big Phil

• The Illini Doctor of Love
  • The Doctor is IN
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2017, 01:54:11 PM »
yeah I agree still need another arm, and get one you can control so you make a run again next year if the wheels stay off this year. I trust these guys
Bite it Big Ten, here come the MIGHTY ILLINI

Offline bwbp3

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2017, 02:05:31 PM »
Quintana pitched in the World Classic and started slow. He's been himself over his last 7 starts. Apparently, the Cubs are also on Sonny Gray.
They'd have to give up a MLB piece right? Addy, Javy, Happ, or Schwarbs most likely? No thanks, unless they don't like where Addy's path is possibly leading.