upcoming movies

• 27 replies

Offline Hawk

Re: upcoming movies
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2017, 03:28:34 AM »
I haven't seen a non animated kids movie at the movie theater in probably 12-13 years.  Last one I can even remember was Spider-Man.  How long ago was that?

That depends on which one it was.. there's been 5 in the last 10 or so years lol
If you don't read the papers you're uninformed. If you do read them, you're misinformed - Mark Twain

Offline Hawk

« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2017, 03:36:44 AM »
I'm all about the Marvel movie series since Iron man in 08.

If you've ever been into comic books ever in your life, you've just got to binge watch them all. the way they have handled this whole series and creating this movie universe they have has just been genius with all the cross overs and end credit scenes. I can't wait till the whole original  series comes to a close soon in 2019 a project over 10 years in the works

Have guardians 2, Spider-Man homecoming, and Thor Ragnarok this year

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Marvel_Cinematic_Universe_films
If you don't read the papers you're uninformed. If you do read them, you're misinformed - Mark Twain

Offline ctibass

« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2017, 09:06:51 AM »

If you've ever been into comic books ever in your life, you've just got to binge watch them all. the way they have handled this whole series and creating this movie universe they have has just been genius with all the cross overs and end credit scenes. I can't wait till the whole original  series comes to a close soon in 2019 a project over 10 years in the works

I'm interested to see where things go after 2019.  I know a lot of the actors enjoy it, but are ready for new things.  Jackman has said this is his last Wolverine, RDJ has hinted that he is coming close to being done as IronMan.  Disney has basically said they have no plans to stop making Marvel or Star Wars movies, so it'll be interesting to see where things go from here.

Personally, I'm most intrigued by the Black Panther arc.  I think they did a great job casting him and I hope they get the most out of it.

Offline Hawk

« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2017, 11:07:29 AM »

I'm interested to see where things go after 2019.  I know a lot of the actors enjoy it, but are ready for new things.  Jackman has said this is his last Wolverine, RDJ has hinted that he is coming close to being done as IronMan.  Disney has basically said they have no plans to stop making Marvel or Star Wars movies, so it'll be interesting to see where things go from here.

Personally, I'm most intrigued by the Black Panther arc.  I think they did a great job casting him and I hope they get the most out of it.

Yeah I think a lot of the "first phase" characters will go away, Iron man, Thor, Cap America,  and they will essentially start over, but maybe with just new characters, or reboot a character but just as somebody else...like Iron man could really be anybody doesn't have to be Tony Stark. Same with Cap, in fact I think they are already lining up Sebastian Stan(Winter Soldier) as the next Cap America, he actually does become him in the comics  so it makes sense from a character arc and story line standpoint. I think you'll see a lot of these 2nd and 3rd phase characters come more to the front leading roles. Black panther, Dr Strange, Cap Marvel, Ant man.  I think you could still see RDJ make appearances he's said he wouldn't mind smaller roles and cameos.  Benedict Cumberbatch is probably moving forward going to be the bridge guy for the next characters in the same way RDJ was for the previous ones. He's going to be in Thor Ragnarok, and rumored to be in some of the other ones moving forward.

its kinda crazy they have netted almost 11 billion from all these so far and haven't even reached the Avengers finale yet

Offline Musson

• Me and "The Girls Next Door" Sorry boys!
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2017, 06:55:10 PM »
The original Spider-Man with Kurstin Dunst and Toby McGuire is the one I've seen. 

I can't get into any of these super hero movies.  Never even looked at a comic book.  Kinda took a glance at the bubble gum comics in the bazooka individual pieces, but never paid much attention. 

Honestly, I've never been a big movie goer.  I remember seeing Star Wars and Rocky as a kid.  Jaws.  Those were about it.  And once VHS tapes were made easy to get at Blockbuster and the like, I only half heartedly even tried to keep up with what people were talking about. 

Then DVDs.  I don't even know how many of those things I have, but have never watched.  It a lot though. 

Then having kids and no real free time, and not wanting to be one of those parents who pawn their kid off on a sitter all the time just to keep their own friend popularity time on point, we would just go hit the dollar movie if it was something the kids really wanted to see.  I was more interested in the pop corn than the movies.  And that has been during the height of the Disney/Pixar rhnnof Nemo, Cars, Shrek runs.  Those were actually pretty good. 

Centennial Chargers Class of 1992, we sucked, but still proud!!!? Lifetime member and founder of CTOWN POSSE!

Offline Big Phil

• The Illini Doctor of Love
  • The Doctor is IN
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2017, 07:50:56 PM »
The original Spider-Man with Kurstin Dunst and Toby McGuire is the one I've seen. 

I can't get into any of these super hero movies.  Never even looked at a comic book.  Kinda took a glance at the bubble gum comics in the bazooka individual pieces, but never paid much attention. 

Honestly, I've never been a big movie goer.  I remember seeing Star Wars and Rocky as a kid.  Jaws.  Those were about it.  And once VHS tapes were made easy to get at Blockbuster and the like, I only half heartedly even tried to keep up with what people were talking about. 

Then DVDs.  I don't even know how many of those things I have, but have never watched.  It a lot though. 

Then having kids and no real free time, and not wanting to be one of those parents who pawn their kid off on a sitter all the time just to keep their own friend popularity time on point, we would just go hit the dollar movie if it was something the kids really wanted to see.  I was more interested in the pop corn than the movies.  And that has been during the height of the Disney/Pixar rhnnof Nemo, Cars, Shrek runs.  Those were actually pretty good. 

Funny you say that

I used to watch the spider man cartoon every day in the early 70's on channel 44 or 26 or whatever way back when, all those goofy sci fi cartoons or shows like that until like 1980. Justice league, had ALL the comic books, etc...

Now? Kinda outgrown it all. Really bizarre. No interest in any of the movies pretty much, maybe its an "I dont want to ruin my childhood memories" thing. I still play video games and other stupid stuff, just the movies, and comic books, went away
Bite it Big Ten, here come the MIGHTY ILLINI

Offline Hawk

« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2017, 12:12:33 AM »
Ha! You guys don't know what your missing, seriously.. just watch the first Iron man, you'll be hooked

« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2017, 11:47:24 AM »
really should start with the Ed Norton "Incredible Hulk"  that's where things get kicked off.  even though Marvel recasted Ruffalo as Banner/Hulk, that is the 1st RDJ appearance as Stark

Offline Musson

• Me and "The Girls Next Door" Sorry boys!
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2017, 12:43:33 PM »
Ha! You guys don't know what your missing, seriously.. just watch the first Iron man, you'll be hooked
i own the DVDs of all six of the Star Wars, never watched the newer ones.  Own all the Spider-Man, Ironman, Avengers, and pretty much all the rest of them.  My son watches them all. I've only seen the first Spider-Man and the first Ironman. I've just never had any interest and just find something else to do when it's on, or send my son to his room to watch them through his game systems. 
Centennial Chargers Class of 1992, we sucked, but still proud!!!? Lifetime member and founder of CTOWN POSSE!

Offline Hawk

« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2017, 01:02:55 PM »
really should start with the Ed Norton "Incredible Hulk"  that's where things get kicked off.  even though Marvel recasted Ruffalo as Banner/Hulk, that is the 1st RDJ appearance as Stark

that movie came after Iron man, he makes an appearance at the end credit scene