upcoming movies

• 27 replies

upcoming movies
« on: February 28, 2017, 11:19:49 AM »
I just saw this "new" forum section and thought this would be a good opportunity to be the first to post here!

Anyway, I am looking forward to some new movies coming up, even though I likely won't get a chance to see them in the theaters

Logan - Wolverine 3
Guardians of the Galaxy, Vol 2

I like to use the IMDb app on my iPhone to check for new trailers and synopsis of movies

Offline Hawk

Re: upcoming movies
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2017, 11:33:54 AM »
gonna see Logan this weekend.....GOTG2 for sure this summer!

Kong Skull Island looks good too, comes out in 2 weeks

John Wick 2 was fun
If you don't read the papers you're uninformed. If you do read them, you're misinformed - Mark Twain

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2017, 12:17:59 PM »
the previews for Kong Skull Island look good. John Reilly has some good lines in the trailers I've seen.

I really liked John Wick, haven't seen the 2nd movie yet.  I'll have to wait until it comes out on Bluray or maybe Directv movies.

Offline Big Phil

• The Illini Doctor of Love
  • The Doctor is IN
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2017, 09:16:43 PM »
Im not a big movie guy having 4 teen girls, our target films dont jive lol but Logan looks cool
Bite it Big Ten, here come the MIGHTY ILLINI

Offline Musson

• Me and "The Girls Next Door" Sorry boys!
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2017, 10:20:48 PM »
I haven't seen a non animated kids movie at the movie theater in probably 12-13 years.  Last one I can even remember was Spider-Man.  How long ago was that?
Centennial Chargers Class of 1992, we sucked, but still proud!!!? Lifetime member and founder of CTOWN POSSE!

Offline ctibass

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2017, 10:34:35 PM »
I haven't seen a non animated kids movie at the movie theater in probably 12-13 years.  Last one I can even remember was Spider-Man.  How long ago was that?
Spider-Man was 2002 dude, nearly 15 years ago! But I'm the same way.  The only movies I get to that are not kids are the Star Wars and Star Trek movies since my dad likes them so it gives me a chance for a night out with him.

Offline Musson

• Me and "The Girls Next Door" Sorry boys!
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2017, 11:20:00 PM »
I'm pretty sure I've been to something since Spider-Man.  Just have no clue what it was.  I do remember taking my wife out to dinner and a movie when my daughter was about 6 months old.  She is 13, so that's my point of reference. 

Last movie I've seen in a theatre period is Finding Dory. 

Oh well, them shits are too expensive anyways.
Centennial Chargers Class of 1992, we sucked, but still proud!!!? Lifetime member and founder of CTOWN POSSE!

Offline Illinifan1184

• ILL-INI
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2017, 11:35:40 PM »
For sure.

Offline ctibass

« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2017, 11:39:19 PM »
I'm pretty sure I've been to something since Spider-Man.  Just have no clue what it was.  I do remember taking my wife out to dinner and a movie when my daughter was about 6 months old.  She is 13, so that's my point of reference. 

Last movie I've seen in a theatre period is Finding Dory. 

That's why we do either dollar theater or we have a drive-in down here that does $7 per adult and $1 for kids for 2 movies and they are current releases not second runs...if not that then I usually get discounted tix at work for like $7 a piece.

Offline Hawk

« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2017, 03:26:25 AM »
Alien Covenent comes out in May.. just released a new trailer today looks bad ass it's another prequel film after Prometheus and before the very first Alien film from the 70's
If you don't read the papers you're uninformed. If you do read them, you're misinformed - Mark Twain