Bumblebee (Transformers Spinoff)

• 4 replies

Offline ctibass

Bumblebee (Transformers Spinoff)
« on: June 05, 2018, 05:25:18 PM »

Offline Hawk

Re: Bumblebee (Transformers Spinoff)
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2018, 10:34:03 AM »
meh...im over this franchise. maybe if they ever reboot it with a different director and a different take on it, but as long as Michael Bay is still involved i'm done. Age of Extinction was it for me, longest dullest movie for a sci fi action flick I ever saw, I almost walked out, I should have walked out,  over 2 1/2 hours of my life ill never get back lol. I never saw Last Knight, heard it also sucked

Did you hear this crazy concept they are talking about, hasbro wants a "shared universe" they want to combine GI Joe and transformers and some other stuff to LOL  :gulp:

Its just so funny to me, everybody wants a "shared universe" now, They tried combining the only monster movies, Dracula, mummy, Frankenstein, etc... mummy was a flop! DC is a joke.  Everybody wants to be Marvel, theres only one Marvel. They came up with a concept 10 years ago, everybody in Hollywood said they were crazy, not saying that now raking in billions every movie now lol.

Actually the one franchise that COULD rival it could be DC obviously, but they just cant seem to get their shit together, sadly.
If you don't read the papers you're uninformed. If you do read them, you're misinformed - Mark Twain

Offline ctibass

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2018, 02:08:16 PM »
meh...im over this franchise. maybe if they ever reboot it with a different director and a different take on it, but as long as Michael Bay is still involved i'm done. Age of Extinction was it for me, longest dullest movie for a sci fi action flick I ever saw, I almost walked out, I should have walked out,  over 2 1/2 hours of my life ill never get back lol. I never saw Last Knight, heard it also sucked

Did you hear this crazy concept they are talking about, hasbro wants a "shared universe" they want to combine GI Joe and transformers and some other stuff to LOL  :gulp:

Its just so funny to me, everybody wants a "shared universe" now, They tried combining the only monster movies, Dracula, mummy, Frankenstein, etc... mummy was a flop! DC is a joke.  Everybody wants to be Marvel, theres only one Marvel. They came up with a concept 10 years ago, everybody in Hollywood said they were crazy, not saying that now raking in billions every movie now lol.

Actually the one franchise that COULD rival it could be DC obviously, but they just cant seem to get their shit together, sadly.

I've watched all of the transformers movies, but I agree with you, starting with Age of Extinction they sucked.  I still watched Last Knight but wasn't super impressed.  It seems to me that these movies based on comics (outside of Marvel) can't decide whether to be serious or campy, so they end up in the middle and they suck.  Marvel/Fox did a great job of this with Deadpool and even Marvel's Thor Ragnarok found ways to make good movies even if they are a little cheesy nods to the comics.

I agree the whole "shared universe" thing sucks with these movies nowadays.  Hollywood in general has gotten lazy.  Yes, fans seem to only turn up for known quantities nowadays, but, IMHO, that's because of the cost of movies.  When I was growing up and paying $5-$7 to see a new release or $1 for a 2nd run, I could rationalize going to see a movie I wasn't sure of.  Nowadays it's freaking $15 some places to go see a movie.  Thankfully my work schedule is 4 10 hour days so I go see new movies on Friday mornings and pay matinee prices, otherwise I'd never see a new movie.

Offline QCPost33

• Old UI Hippie Engineer
  • Baseball Sucks
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2018, 07:06:59 PM »
I've also given up watching this series now. Lost its edge
Still crazy

Online Reaper

• Woodchipper expert
  • Fear The Reaper!!!
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2018, 07:38:51 PM »
I've been done with this series and all of the Star Wars BS that they have been putting out for a long while now. These movies now just try to blind you with CGI and forget the story line.
My name is Grimm Reaper. Commander of the Death Stalkers FBB team, General of the Rude Dawgs FFB team and loyal poster on the "True" message board "The Illini Nation". Member of a pissed off fan base, supporter of a betrayed program, and I shall have my revenge in this season or the next!