• 707 replies

Offline BYS

Name next years coach
« on: November 15, 2011, 09:10:26 AM »
Zook?
Petrino?
Mike Leach?

?????
I ain't askin for nuthin, if I can't get it on my own. If ya don't like the way I'm livin', ya just leave this long haired country boy alone.

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.  -Thomas Jefferson

"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government -- lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." Patrick Henry

Offline BYS

Re: Name next years coach
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2011, 09:12:47 AM »
I know who I would like to at least get an interview.

Herm Edwards. I know it's from out in left field and he probably would not even want it, but he seems like the perfect college coach. Ties to the NFL, great speaker, motivating, etc. I think both parents and kids would love this guy. Will never happen, but it would be my choice.
I ain't askin for nuthin, if I can't get it on my own. If ya don't like the way I'm livin', ya just leave this long haired country boy alone.

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.  -Thomas Jefferson

"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government -- lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." Patrick Henry

Offline Crusader

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2011, 09:23:00 AM »
I've heard Houston's Sumlin name mentioned a lot over the past couple of days.  I've also heard:  Urban Meyer, Herm Edwards, Skip Holtz, Willie Taggart, Brad Childress, Tony Dungy, and others.

Granted, some of those are far fetched, but others are extremely intriguing.  For example, Sumlin and Taggart are very interesting to me. 

Leach is interesting as well BYS.

Offline BYS

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2011, 09:35:37 AM »
I'm not sure Leach would want the job. Maybe if was closer to the Mississippi River. You know, pirates and all.

:icon_biggrin:

Offline illiniman94

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2011, 09:49:28 AM »
I know who I would like to at least get an interview.

Herm Edwards. I know it's from out in left field and he probably would not even want it, but he seems like the perfect college coach. Ties to the NFL, great speaker, motivating, etc. I think both parents and kids would love this guy. Will never happen, but it would be my choice.
Wow I never even thought of that, but that is a great choice (IMO).   I would love Herm's energy and values that he expresses on TV (never know behind the scenes but he sure seems to be a great character guy).   

Start the campaign man, you have my signature!

Offline illiniman94

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2011, 09:51:44 AM »
I've heard Houston's Sumlin name mentioned a lot over the past couple of days.  I've also heard:  Urban Meyer, Herm Edwards, Skip Holtz, Willie Taggart, Brad Childress, Tony Dungy, and others.

Granted, some of those are far fetched, but others are extremely intriguing.  For example, Sumlin and Taggart are very interesting to me. 

Leach is interesting as well BYS.
Who is Houston Sumlin and Willie Taggart?

My opinion:
No on Leach, Childress, Dungy

Luke warm at best on Skippy

No way we attract Meyer

but bring on Herm!!!!!!!

Offline Crusader

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2011, 09:58:20 AM »
No...Kevin Sumlin, head coach for the Houston Cougars - http://www.uhcougars.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/sumlin_kevin00.html 

Willie Taggart is an up-and-comer at Western Kentucky University - http://www.wkusports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=5400&ATCLID=204846346

Offline Crusader

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2011, 10:02:30 AM »
As far as Urban goes, it is "rumored" that Shahid Khan is willing to pony up the cash to bring him to Champaign.  I stress the word rumor.

Offline illiniman94

« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2011, 10:09:52 AM »
No...Kevin Sumlin, head coach for the Houston Cougars - http://www.uhcougars.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/sumlin_kevin00.html 

Willie Taggart is an up-and-comer at Western Kentucky University - http://www.wkusports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=5400&ATCLID=204846346
Thanks Cru.

Offline illiniman94

« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2011, 10:16:26 AM »
As far as Urban goes, it is "rumored" that Shahid Khan is willing to pony up the cash to bring him to Champaign.  I stress the word rumor.
I just don't see Meyer coming to Illinois, but good God I would take him in a heart beat.  I don't know if he could handle the time it would take him to build up the program.