December 10, 2017 07:58 PM

Author Topic: October Recruiting Thread  (Read 13317 times)

Offline illiniman94

• My Badges Awarded to Members who have contributed $50+ to I-N Awarded to the top 10 Members with the most posts Awarded to the Members who are U of I Alum
    • Awards
Re: October Recruiting Thread
« Reply #220 on: October 11, 2017, 03:42:33 PM »
27 days till signing week....

fall, still spring though, not too concerned until Ayo, THT and others say no

If we only get Ayo, and the Finnish kid, and get a 19 kid and spring big man I'd be happy. We cant miss on ayo is really the bottom line Hawk. he's an NBA player, we need guys like that

if we have to wait till spring and cross our fingers for players then, might as well put the whole fan base on suicide watch lol

only guy that will wait until spring looks like Nolley, probably Finke.

Ayo and the Viking will be done by end of next week
Ha!! The Viking... I love it! 

Offline illiniman94

• My Badges Awarded to Members who have contributed $50+ to I-N Awarded to the top 10 Members with the most posts Awarded to the Members who are U of I Alum
    • Awards
« Reply #221 on: October 11, 2017, 05:03:58 PM »
LOL  Is DePaul handing out big checks or what?

https://twitter.com/coreyevans_10/status/918176594765778944

Offline Beast

• Awards
« Reply #222 on: October 12, 2017, 10:30:14 AM »
Nolley's HS coach sheds some light on what transpired...

Rory Welsh is the head coach at Langston Hughes High School in suburban Atlanta, where the 6-foot-4 Nolley helped lead the team to a state title last spring. In an interview Tuesday morning, Welsh said Nolley made an "emotional decision" coming off his visit to Athens last weekend and rushed an announcement based on a preset timetable.

The looming FBI investigation into corruption in college basketball is also a factor, Welsh added. That could push a decision until the spring to give it time to shake out.
https://www.dawgnation.com/mens-basketball/landers-nolley-changed-mind-quickly-after-uga-commitment

Offline illiniman94

• Awards
« Reply #223 on: October 12, 2017, 06:37:58 PM »
Interesting article of top 100 impact transfers.  Mark Alstork comes in as number 3  and of course the article doesn't mention him. LOL

https://www.si.com/college-basketball/2017/10/12/top-transfer-scorers-elijah-brown-malik-newman?utm_campaign=si-ncaabb&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=social&xid=socialflow_twitter_si

Online Big Phil

• The Illini Doctor of Love
  • Administrator
  • The Doctor is IN
  • My Badges Awarded to Members who have contributed $50+ to I-N Winner of the 2013-14 ESPN I-N Fantasy football league playoffs Awarded to 2nd place winner of the 2013-14 I-N Fantasy Football League Awarded to the 2012-13 I-N NFL Pick 'Em Champ Awarded to the 2012-13 I-N College Pick 'Em 3rd Place Finisher Awarded to the 2011 2nd place winner of the college bowl pickem Awarded to the 2010 I-N Fantasy Hockey League 3rd Place Awarded to the 2010 I-N College Pick 'Em 3rd Place Finisher Awarded to I-N Charter Members Awarded to the 2008 I-N Fantasy Football League 3rd Place Finisher Awarded to the 2009 I-N Fantasy Baseball League 3rd Place Finisher Awarded to the top 10 Members with the most posts Awarded to the top 10 topic starters Awarded to the 2007 I-N Fantasy Basketball League 3rd Place Finisher Awarded to the 2007 I-N Fantasy Football League 3rd Place Finisher
    • Awards
« Reply #224 on: October 12, 2017, 06:54:20 PM »

Rory Welsh is the head coach at Langston Hughes High School in suburban Atlanta, where the 6-foot-4 Nolley helped lead the team to a state title last spring. In an interview Tuesday morning, Welsh said Nolley made an "emotional decision" coming off his visit to Athens last weekend and rushed an announcement based on a preset timetable.

The looming FBI investigation into corruption in college basketball is also a factor, Welsh added. That could push a decision until the spring to give it time to shake out.
https://www.dawgnation.com/mens-basketball/landers-nolley-changed-mind-quickly-after-uga-commitment

I think its BS, I think this guy had a shitload of followers and lost them all when he picked Georgia, myself and many others included.
Bite it Big Ten, here come the MIGHTY ILLINI

Online Big Phil

• Administrator
  • The Doctor is IN
  • My Badges Awarded to Members who have contributed $50+ to I-N Winner of the 2013-14 ESPN I-N Fantasy football league playoffs Awarded to 2nd place winner of the 2013-14 I-N Fantasy Football League Awarded to the 2012-13 I-N NFL Pick 'Em Champ Awarded to the 2012-13 I-N College Pick 'Em 3rd Place Finisher Awarded to the 2011 2nd place winner of the college bowl pickem Awarded to the 2010 I-N Fantasy Hockey League 3rd Place Awarded to the 2010 I-N College Pick 'Em 3rd Place Finisher Awarded to I-N Charter Members Awarded to the 2008 I-N Fantasy Football League 3rd Place Finisher Awarded to the 2009 I-N Fantasy Baseball League 3rd Place Finisher Awarded to the top 10 Members with the most posts Awarded to the top 10 topic starters Awarded to the 2007 I-N Fantasy Basketball League 3rd Place Finisher Awarded to the 2007 I-N Fantasy Football League 3rd Place Finisher
    • Awards
« Reply #225 on: October 12, 2017, 07:08:32 PM »
supposedly be announced soon another European Big Guy is coming to Visit but cant be officially announced yet

Iman's guy Ryan Evan says the Viking dude is 50/50 with us and ASU

Offline illiniman94

• Awards
« Reply #226 on: October 12, 2017, 07:17:36 PM »
supposedly be announced soon another European Big Guy is coming to Visit but cant be officially announced yet

Iman's guy Ryan Evan says the Viking dude is 50/50 with us and ASU
I think Evan is hedging after being wrong on Conditt..couple other guys were as well and one went as far as to say his camp misled the staff. Regarding "the viking" (still love that name, philly) he said the staff feels better after the visit than before so I read his comments as he either thinks he isn't coming & doesn't want to say so as our fan base is down & don't need that negativity the eve of Ayo's OV...... or he actually thinks he is comnig but doesn't want to tip anything.  We should know in a couple days either way.

Online Big Phil

• Administrator
  • The Doctor is IN
    • Awards
« Reply #227 on: October 12, 2017, 07:33:55 PM »

I think its BS, I think this guy had a shitload of followers and lost them all when he picked Georgia, myself and many others included.

also, he's been really really quiet for some reason....

Offline bwbp3

• My Badges Awarded to the 3rd Place Finisher of the 2013-14 I-N Fantasy Football League Awarded to the 2013 I-N College Pick 'Em 3rd Place Finisher Awarded to the 2012-13 I-N NFL Pick 'Em 2nd Place Finisher (2 place tie) Awarded to the 2010 I-N Fantasy Football League 3rd Place Finisher Awarded to the 2007 I-N Fantasy Baseball League Champ
    • Awards
« Reply #228 on: October 12, 2017, 07:50:52 PM »
If a kid from Finland chooses Champaign over Tempe, we probably didn't want him in the first place. ;)

Online Big Phil

• Administrator
  • The Doctor is IN
    • Awards
« Reply #229 on: October 12, 2017, 08:12:33 PM »
If a kid from Finland chooses Champaign over Tempe, we probably didn't want him in the first place. ;)

Tempe sucks. I'd choose champaign lol :D

Now Florida, or Texas, or California, different story