October 18, 2017 08:56 PM

Author Topic: Mitch-a-palooza has begun!  (Read 325 times)

Online Big Phil

• The Illini Doctor of Love
  • Administrator
  • The Doctor is IN
  • My Badges Awarded to Members who have contributed $50+ to I-N Winner of the 2013-14 ESPN I-N Fantasy football league playoffs Awarded to 2nd place winner of the 2013-14 I-N Fantasy Football League Awarded to the 2012-13 I-N NFL Pick 'Em Champ Awarded to the 2012-13 I-N College Pick 'Em 3rd Place Finisher Awarded to the 2011 2nd place winner of the college bowl pickem Awarded to the 2010 I-N Fantasy Hockey League 3rd Place Awarded to the 2010 I-N College Pick 'Em 3rd Place Finisher Awarded to I-N Charter Members Awarded to the 2007 I-N Fantasy Basketball League 3rd Place Finisher Awarded to the 2007 I-N Fantasy Football League 3rd Place Finisher Awarded to the 2008 I-N Fantasy Football League 3rd Place Finisher Awarded to the 2009 I-N Fantasy Baseball League 3rd Place Finisher Awarded to the top 10 Members with the most posts Awarded to the top 10 topic starters
    • Awards
Re: Mitch-a-palooza has begun!
« Reply #40 on: October 11, 2017, 03:28:19 PM »
Bears are closing than you guys are giving them credit for.  They absolutely need to improve the WR core.  Arguably the worst in the NFL right now.  They have a good, young QB, good RB, and a good line.  Defense has played well even with all the injuries.  Make smart draft picks next year and sign a few impact FA and they will make the playoffs next season.

I'm not saying they need that to be 8-8, I'm saying they need that to win a title. To be respectable, they need guys who can catch and a competent QB
Bite it Big Ten, here come the MIGHTY ILLINI

Offline ctibass

• Awards
« Reply #41 on: October 11, 2017, 05:02:49 PM »
Bears are closing than you guys are giving them credit for.  They absolutely need to improve the WR core.  Arguably the worst in the NFL right now.  They have a good, young QB, good RB, and a good line.  Defense has played well even with all the injuries.  Make smart draft picks next year and sign a few impact FA and they will make the playoffs next season.

I'm not saying they need that to be 8-8, I'm saying they need that to win a title. To be respectable, they need guys who can catch and a competent QB
Well, it looks like we have the competent QB at least.  The guy never looked like he had the first-game jitters.  After the Vikings scored that last TD, they showed him putting on his helmet like "Time to get to work".

In regards to the second part, they did activate Gentry off of the practice squad today.  I have high hopes for him.  Looks like he can be a Wes Welker type of slot guy.  He made some pretty good catches in the pre-season. 

For the hand that we've been dealt injury-wise, we could be worse off.  Our WR's aren't pro-bowl guys, but they show promise.  Kendall Wright is slowly turning into that go-to possession receiver along with Miller at TE.

Offline Illinibearscards

• My Badges Awarded to I-N Charter Members Awarded to the top 10 Members with the most posts Awarded to the 2010 I-N Bracket Challenge Champ
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: October 12, 2017, 11:43:47 PM »
Next year we will have Kevin White back.

Online Big Phil

• The Illini Doctor of Love
  • Administrator
  • The Doctor is IN
  • My Badges Awarded to Members who have contributed $50+ to I-N Winner of the 2013-14 ESPN I-N Fantasy football league playoffs Awarded to 2nd place winner of the 2013-14 I-N Fantasy Football League Awarded to the 2012-13 I-N NFL Pick 'Em Champ Awarded to the 2012-13 I-N College Pick 'Em 3rd Place Finisher Awarded to the 2011 2nd place winner of the college bowl pickem Awarded to the 2010 I-N Fantasy Hockey League 3rd Place Awarded to the 2010 I-N College Pick 'Em 3rd Place Finisher Awarded to I-N Charter Members Awarded to the 2007 I-N Fantasy Basketball League 3rd Place Finisher Awarded to the 2007 I-N Fantasy Football League 3rd Place Finisher Awarded to the 2008 I-N Fantasy Football League 3rd Place Finisher Awarded to the 2009 I-N Fantasy Baseball League 3rd Place Finisher Awarded to the top 10 Members with the most posts Awarded to the top 10 topic starters
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: October 12, 2017, 11:50:12 PM »

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Bite it Big Ten, here come the MIGHTY ILLINI

Offline Hawk

• Administrator
  • My Badges Awarded to the 2008 I-N Fantasy Basketball League Runner-Up Awarded to the 2007 I-N Fantasy Basketball League Champ Awarded to the 2009 I-N Fantasy Baseball League Champ Awarded to the 2007 I-N Fantasy Baseball League Runner-Up Awarded to the 2013-14 I-N Fantasy Football League Champ Awarded to the 2013 I-N Fantasy baseball league Champ Awarded to the 2013 I-N Bracket Challenge 3rd Place Finisher Awarded to 3rd place winner of Fantasy basketball for 2012-13 season Awarded to winner of Fantasy basketball for 2011-12 season Awarded to the 2010 I-N Fantasy Basketball League Champ Awarded to the 2010 I-N Fantasy Hockey League Runner-Up Awarded to the top 10 Members with the most posts Awarded to the top 10 topic starters
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: October 13, 2017, 11:34:52 AM »

for a day lol
If you don't read the papers you're uninformed. If you do read them, you're misinformed - Mark Twain