December 11, 2017 01:00 PM

Author Topic: Cardinals  (Read 601 times)

Offline OhioIllini#5

• Winning is a Habit
    • http://www.ncaa.org/stats/m_basketball/all_time_wins/2004_all_time_wins.pdf
    • Awards
Cardinals
« on: October 15, 2006, 08:45:16 PM »
They may get past the Mets, but They will get killed by the Tigers in the World Series.  Possibly swept.  Do you think they have any chance against the Tigers? 
I think the day the Cardinals beat the Tigers for the World Series this will happen: :flypig:
Illinois Basketball- 12th all-time in win percentage

Offline Hawk

• Administrator
  • My Badges Awarded to the 2008 I-N Fantasy Basketball League Runner-Up Awarded to the 2007 I-N Fantasy Baseball League Runner-Up Awarded to the 2009 I-N Fantasy Baseball League Champ Awarded to the 2007 I-N Fantasy Basketball League Champ Awarded to the 2013-14 I-N Fantasy Football League Champ Awarded to the 2013 I-N Fantasy baseball league Champ Awarded to the 2013 I-N Bracket Challenge 3rd Place Finisher Awarded to 3rd place winner of Fantasy basketball for 2012-13 season Awarded to winner of Fantasy basketball for 2011-12 season Awarded to the 2010 I-N Fantasy Hockey League Runner-Up Awarded to the 2010 I-N Fantasy Basketball League Champ Awarded to the top 10 Members with the most posts Awarded to the top 10 topic starters
    • Awards
Re: Cardinals
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2006, 08:58:56 PM »

Yes, unfortunatley for Cards fans they just keep running into hotter teams then they are when it comes to playoff time the last few years, I think its just the Tigers year this year, I neve saw them sweeping the A's, in fact i thought the A's would had them their ass!

I dont know how Cards fans can take it every year, at least as a Cubs fan the last few years I knew what to expect, but to constantly make the playoffs the last 3 years like the Cards have with that team and have nothing to show for it!! I would be pullin my hair out!!!

:hairpull:
If you don't read the papers you're uninformed. If you do read them, you're misinformed - Mark Twain

Offline bwbp3

• My Badges Awarded to the 3rd Place Finisher of the 2013-14 I-N Fantasy Football League Awarded to the 2013 I-N College Pick 'Em 3rd Place Finisher Awarded to the 2012-13 I-N NFL Pick 'Em 2nd Place Finisher (2 place tie) Awarded to the 2010 I-N Fantasy Football League 3rd Place Finisher Awarded to the 2007 I-N Fantasy Baseball League Champ
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2006, 12:02:59 AM »
I think I want the mets to win it all.

Offline shef175

• My Badges Awarded to I-N Charter Members
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2006, 07:39:02 AM »
As a Cards fan, I would say last year hurt the worst of all. Losing to Houston in the NLCS was unacceptable, especially when we owned them in the regular season. The WS against the Red Sox sucked but there was no beating that team once they got the Yankee monkey off their back. I'm already happy with what this team has done once you consider: No real closer (Izzy injured), no second ace (Mulder injured), Rolen not 100%, Pujols missed a few weeks with an injury, and Edmonds and Eckstein missed most of the last month with injuries.

Having said that I think they can still win this series. They've gotta face Glavine tonight, but Weaver pitched really well in game 1 and really only made one bad pitch. The only problem was Carlos FREAKING Beltran took it deep. Then we get Carpenter and Suppan back for games 6 and 7 which I think gives us the edge. Their lineup is incredible though so we'll see what happens.
Whoever said laughter is the best medicine never had gonorrhea.

buckeyesuk

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2006, 07:15:21 PM »
I just hope the NL team can at least win ONE FREAKING GAME THIS YEAR!

Trivia Question:

Q. Who was the last NL manager to win a World Series game?

A. Jack McKeon! 

W T F?