December 11, 2017 01:02 PM

Author Topic: NHL  (Read 530 times)

Offline OhioIllini#5

• Winning is a Habit
    • http://www.ncaa.org/stats/m_basketball/all_time_wins/2004_all_time_wins.pdf
    • Awards
NHL
« on: October 14, 2006, 10:53:10 PM »
sorry if you like it,  but I am already sick of seeing it on ESPN.  I just don't see how you can get into it.  Anybody else wish it would just........go away?!!!!!
Illinois Basketball- 12th all-time in win percentage

Offline Hawk

• Administrator
  • My Badges Awarded to the 2007 I-N Fantasy Baseball League Runner-Up Awarded to the 2009 I-N Fantasy Baseball League Champ Awarded to the 2007 I-N Fantasy Basketball League Champ Awarded to the 2008 I-N Fantasy Basketball League Runner-Up Awarded to the 2013-14 I-N Fantasy Football League Champ Awarded to the 2013 I-N Fantasy baseball league Champ Awarded to the 2013 I-N Bracket Challenge 3rd Place Finisher Awarded to 3rd place winner of Fantasy basketball for 2012-13 season Awarded to winner of Fantasy basketball for 2011-12 season Awarded to the 2010 I-N Fantasy Hockey League Runner-Up Awarded to the 2010 I-N Fantasy Basketball League Champ Awarded to the top 10 Members with the most posts Awarded to the top 10 topic starters
    • Awards
Re: NHL
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2006, 11:22:34 PM »
No!!

long time Hawks fan, as a Hawks fan its hard to get up for game against Nashvile and Columbus, we use to play in a division of Detroit, Minnesota,Toronto, and St Louis!! those were the days, hard hitting and good scoring games. unfortunately do to over expansion, the league was watered down, and in turn the new rules had to be established because too many teams played a defensive style or prevention style of play keeping scoring down. The league lost fans and popularity because they moved too many teams around and watered down the play, the league has fixed that with some of the new rules, but overall the league is a shadow of what it was back in the early 90's, a lot of rivalries died and its the Rivalry games that made the NHL...its is really sad IMO...but I would never wish it to be gone...I also played hockey for 14 years and coached.

The old Norris Division
1986-1992
Chicago Blackhawks
Detroit Red Wings
Minnesota North Stars
St. Louis Blues
Toronto Maple Leafs

Now-Central Division

2000-Present
Chicago Blackhawks
Columbus Blue Jackets
Detroit Red Wings
Nashville Predators
St. Louis Blues

If you don't read the papers you're uninformed. If you do read them, you're misinformed - Mark Twain

Offline OhioIllini#5

• Winning is a Habit
    • http://www.ncaa.org/stats/m_basketball/all_time_wins/2004_all_time_wins.pdf
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2006, 11:46:14 PM »
Yeah i could probably watch it now and then if there were big rivalries that i could get excited for.  and if they did something that incresed scoring a lot. 
Illinois Basketball- 12th all-time in win percentage

Offline Hawk

• Administrator
  • My Badges Awarded to the 2007 I-N Fantasy Baseball League Runner-Up Awarded to the 2009 I-N Fantasy Baseball League Champ Awarded to the 2007 I-N Fantasy Basketball League Champ Awarded to the 2008 I-N Fantasy Basketball League Runner-Up Awarded to the 2013-14 I-N Fantasy Football League Champ Awarded to the 2013 I-N Fantasy baseball league Champ Awarded to the 2013 I-N Bracket Challenge 3rd Place Finisher Awarded to 3rd place winner of Fantasy basketball for 2012-13 season Awarded to winner of Fantasy basketball for 2011-12 season Awarded to the 2010 I-N Fantasy Hockey League Runner-Up Awarded to the 2010 I-N Fantasy Basketball League Champ Awarded to the top 10 Members with the most posts Awarded to the top 10 topic starters
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2006, 12:04:26 AM »
Yeah i could probably watch it now and then if there were big rivalries that i could get excited for.? and if they did something that incresed scoring a lot.?

well the scoring is up, compared to the early 2000's..but its the fan excitement that is just missing, dont really know how to explain it, its just not the same as it use to be, maybe one day, they will bring back that excitment, this city especially has a hard time because we have one of the Worst owners in proffesional sports as the Hawks owner,  "Dollar" Bill Wirtz...he was actually voted as the worst Pro sports owner in North america by ESPN and another publication as well a few years back...this guy has been quoted in interviews as saying he does not care if the team wins as long as he makes money!!

See these sites: This is not a loved man!!!    :MrFurious:

http://www.careermisconduct.com/
http://www.wirtzsucks.com/
http://www.wirtzsucks.com/wirtz/index.html
If you don't read the papers you're uninformed. If you do read them, you're misinformed - Mark Twain