November 20, 2017 08:40 PM

Author Topic: Kaepernick...  (Read 930 times)

Offline Beast

• Awards
Re: Kaepernick...
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2017, 12:41:49 PM »
I really despise what he did but he has a right to bring awareness to what he believes in.  My issue is why do it on the sidelines of a football game - that's his job.  What if you or I decided to protest something at our respective work places?  I know mine wouldn't stand for it.  Dealing with political, or other hot topics should be done on his time IMO.  Do I think he should be on a roster somewhere?  Yes.  Do I think he's being "blackballed"?  I do.

Offline Beast

• Awards
« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2017, 12:43:17 PM »
I do love your research and passion though IBC.

Offline Illinibearscards

• My Badges Awarded to I-N Charter Members Awarded to the top 10 Members with the most posts Awarded to the 2010 I-N Bracket Challenge Champ
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2017, 12:54:16 PM »
I really despise what he did but he has a right to bring awareness to what he believes in.  My issue is why do it on the sidelines of a football game - that's his job.  What if you or I decided to protest something at our respective work places?  I know mine wouldn't stand for it.  Dealing with political, or other hot topics should be done on his time IMO.  Do I think he should be on a roster somewhere?  Yes.  Do I think he's being "blackballed"?  I do.
Well, as long as the NFL decides to play propaganda for our military and it's adventures around the world as official policy, I am not sure how complaints about this don't ring hollow.

I hear you, to an extent. But my job isn't as a public figure. Well, it kind of is, and I work for a non-partisan organization, but I digress. I am not on TV every Sunday.

Offline Illinibearscards

• My Badges Awarded to I-N Charter Members Awarded to the top 10 Members with the most posts Awarded to the 2010 I-N Bracket Challenge Champ
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2017, 12:54:47 PM »
I do love your research and passion though IBC.
It takes a bit to get my riled up, but when I do I am all over it. :)

Offline Illinibearscards

• Awards
« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2017, 01:50:26 PM »
Just remember, Riley Cooper was employed for 3 years after he said he would "climb the fence and fight every n###er in here." 

Offline Hawk

• Administrator
  • My Badges Awarded to the 2008 I-N Fantasy Basketball League Runner-Up Awarded to the 2007 I-N Fantasy Baseball League Runner-Up Awarded to the 2009 I-N Fantasy Baseball League Champ Awarded to the 2007 I-N Fantasy Basketball League Champ Awarded to the 2013-14 I-N Fantasy Football League Champ Awarded to the 2013 I-N Fantasy baseball league Champ Awarded to 3rd place winner of Fantasy basketball for 2012-13 season Awarded to the 2013 I-N Bracket Challenge 3rd Place Finisher Awarded to winner of Fantasy basketball for 2011-12 season Awarded to the 2010 I-N Fantasy Hockey League Runner-Up Awarded to the 2010 I-N Fantasy Basketball League Champ Awarded to the top 10 Members with the most posts Awarded to the top 10 topic starters
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2017, 03:16:07 PM »
Dan Orvlosky
Chase Daniel
Geno Smith
Mark Sanchez
Matt Schaub
EJ Manuel
Ryan Nassib
Kellon Clemmons
Landry Jones
Matt McGloin

All employed.

Shall we go through the list of felons?

Amazing the hate for a guy who makes a political statement you disagree with. Wish that sort of judgment were applied fairly towards people that have actually hurt people.

fact - he wanted starter money...a lot of the guys on the list are backups or 3rd string not making much. it was stated by a lot of insiders that he would only consider contracts with team he was almost certain to be a starter. which wasn't many teams. He might be better than some rookie QB, or a 2nd or 3rd year starter but thats doesn't mean a team is supposed to overhaul their team plan or give up on a player they may be grooming all because Colin Kaepernick find himself in the unique position of needing a job

fact - he's a running QB with a weak arm. you typically need a an offense tailored to that or a great O line..this BS that all 32 teams should have signed him to pump up the numbers and make his case that much more dramatic is ridiculous..literally maybe a handful of teams were in position to consider him, and that's also a fact and that was to consider him based on other factors with their team, not desperate in the least. Let is also not be ignored that QB is the least needed number of depth position on ANY team. to compared to any other position is stupid because teams typically carry double the depth or more at any other position on the field

fact - he could've have had a backup job with the Ravens but his GF decided she would tweet out and absolutely ridiculous stupid demeaning racist photo of owner, and given Baltimores recent history that was probably the stupidest thing to do on her part. Acts like this on social media cost everyday people their jobs or a chance at jobs every day...gotta watch what you post and what you allow others to post concerning you on social media because you boss or future boss could see it.

Fact - players have killed people and got jobs/contracts in the NFL..you just admitted this in your own post at the end...guess what, some of them were black players too..which proves this conspiracy BS nonsense is just that . A lot of people and media want to bury their heads in the sand with opinions not based on history of cases like this or similar cases in the league, only on conjecture because it wouldn't make this case "unique" and they wouldn't be able to talk about it anymore and get people riled up on half truths and half history

Fact - other players were doing this last year, and are doing it this year...I dont see them getting cut or any of them finding it hard to get on a roster.  so we're going to blackball this player, but not that player for doing the SAME thing?  makes NO sense, and doesn't support any of the tin foil hat theories out there

Look up the history of the league with players that have done really stupid shit and got contracts the list is too long to post...Colin Kaepernick apparently is VERY special, hes the ONLY player in the league that could help a team win games or be part of a teams future, to do something controversial and not get a contract  :rolleyes:

If you don't read the papers you're uninformed. If you do read them, you're misinformed - Mark Twain

Offline Hawk

• Administrator
  • My Badges Awarded to the 2008 I-N Fantasy Basketball League Runner-Up Awarded to the 2007 I-N Fantasy Baseball League Runner-Up Awarded to the 2009 I-N Fantasy Baseball League Champ Awarded to the 2007 I-N Fantasy Basketball League Champ Awarded to the 2013-14 I-N Fantasy Football League Champ Awarded to the 2013 I-N Fantasy baseball league Champ Awarded to 3rd place winner of Fantasy basketball for 2012-13 season Awarded to the 2013 I-N Bracket Challenge 3rd Place Finisher Awarded to winner of Fantasy basketball for 2011-12 season Awarded to the 2010 I-N Fantasy Hockey League Runner-Up Awarded to the 2010 I-N Fantasy Basketball League Champ Awarded to the top 10 Members with the most posts Awarded to the top 10 topic starters
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2017, 03:18:22 PM »
Just remember, Riley Cooper was employed for 3 years after he said he would "climb the fence and fight every n###er in here."

Yep he was an idiot, but a WR...most teams carry 8 or more of those just FYI..Most team carry 3 or less QB's - BIG difference

proves what I just got done saying about the history of the league and players that have done and said stupid shit...most of them found jobs...Kaep is special though? dont think so sorry
If you don't read the papers you're uninformed. If you do read them, you're misinformed - Mark Twain

Offline Hawk

• Administrator
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2017, 03:29:26 PM »
But my job isn't as a public figure. Well, it kind of is, and I work for a non-partisan organization, but I digress. I am not on TV every Sunday.

doesn't mater who you are when it comes to social media posts, or say a criminal record even.

I have had 3 friends lose jobs or didn't get jobs thanks to social media posts and or criminal record . sucks but your history and even what people can see about you on social media can impact your employment and follow you around to an extent. I tell people all the time to make sure when they post "party pics" and things of that nature to make sure its not public

Offline seanwins

• My Badges Awarded to I-N Charter Members
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: September 12, 2017, 03:35:58 PM »

Yep he was an idiot, but a WR...most teams carry 8 or more of those just FYI..Most team carry 3 or less QB's - BIG difference

proves what I just got done saying about the history of the league and players that have done and said stupid shit...most of them found jobs...Kaep is special though? dont think so sorry

Donte Stallworth.....

Offline Hawk

• Administrator
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: September 12, 2017, 04:57:34 PM »

Donte Stallworth.....

Leonard Little too.

Michael Vick!   :gulp: