November 20, 2017 08:34 PM

Author Topic: Kaepernick...  (Read 929 times)

Offline Hawk

• Administrator
  • My Badges Awarded to the 2007 I-N Fantasy Baseball League Runner-Up Awarded to the 2009 I-N Fantasy Baseball League Champ Awarded to the 2007 I-N Fantasy Basketball League Champ Awarded to the 2008 I-N Fantasy Basketball League Runner-Up Awarded to the 2013-14 I-N Fantasy Football League Champ Awarded to the 2013 I-N Fantasy baseball league Champ Awarded to 3rd place winner of Fantasy basketball for 2012-13 season Awarded to the 2013 I-N Bracket Challenge 3rd Place Finisher Awarded to winner of Fantasy basketball for 2011-12 season Awarded to the 2010 I-N Fantasy Hockey League Runner-Up Awarded to the 2010 I-N Fantasy Basketball League Champ Awarded to the top 10 Members with the most posts Awarded to the top 10 topic starters
    • Awards
Kaepernick...
« on: August 07, 2017, 03:53:31 PM »
http://www.businessinsider.com/colin-kaepernick-unsigned-dolphins-ravens-2017-8

Anybody else getting really sick and tired of hearing about this topic.  :rolleyes:

If you put all the political crap aside, this is a guy who's had a combined QBR rating the last 2 seasons of 51. He doesn't have a strong arm and is a running QB. That means your teams entire offense needs to be tailored to that type of QB to even consider him in the first place. Teams that may even need a QB aren't going to up and decided to change their entire offensive system and team direction just because Kaepernick needs a job. Cutlers BEST seasons came under Gase, he already knows the offense, how in the world does that move NOT make sense over signing a running QB that doesn't fit your offense? Its not a conspiracy its just business, plain and simple. If an owner or coach thought they could win more games with this guy over what they have, he would be signed. Are people forgetting that a team signed Michael Vick after his polarizing ordeal with dog fighting? its about wins and losses, and thats how coaches get paid or get fired in the NFL. If they thought they'd win more with him he'd be signed. Everybody needs to stop thinking politically and start thinking rationally.
If you don't read the papers you're uninformed. If you do read them, you're misinformed - Mark Twain

Offline ctibass

• Awards
Re: Kaepernick...
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2017, 05:52:23 PM »
http://www.businessinsider.com/colin-kaepernick-unsigned-dolphins-ravens-2017-8

Anybody else getting really sick and tired of hearing about this topic.  :rolleyes:

If you put all the political crap aside, this is a guy who's had a combined QBR rating the last 2 seasons of 51. He doesn't have a strong arm and is a running QB. That means your teams entire offense needs to be tailored to that type of QB to even consider him in the first place. Teams that may even need a QB aren't going to up and decided to change their entire offensive system and team direction just because Kaepernick needs a job. Cutlers BEST seasons came under Gase, he already knows the offense, how in the world does that move NOT make sense over signing a running QB that doesn't fit your offense? Its not a conspiracy its just business, plain and simple. If an owner or coach thought they could win more games with this guy over what they have, he would be signed. Are people forgetting that a team signed Michael Vick after his polarizing ordeal with dog fighting? its about wins and losses, and thats how coaches get paid or get fired in the NFL. If they thought they'd win more with him he'd be signed. Everybody needs to stop thinking politically and start thinking rationally.
I'm also sick of hearing this every time a qb is hired...and Stephen A Smith going off because a report said that Tebow was considered for Miami...the report also said Kaep was considered.  He can run the read-option well, unfortunately it doesn't work in the NFL anymore.  It worked for a few years and the league caught up to it.

Online Big Phil

• The Illini Doctor of Love
  • Administrator
  • The Doctor is IN
  • My Badges Awarded to Members who have contributed $50+ to I-N Awarded to 2nd place winner of the 2013-14 I-N Fantasy Football League Winner of the 2013-14 ESPN I-N Fantasy football league playoffs Awarded to the 2012-13 I-N NFL Pick 'Em Champ Awarded to the 2012-13 I-N College Pick 'Em 3rd Place Finisher Awarded to the 2011 2nd place winner of the college bowl pickem Awarded to the 2010 I-N Fantasy Hockey League 3rd Place Awarded to the 2010 I-N College Pick 'Em 3rd Place Finisher Awarded to I-N Charter Members Awarded to the 2008 I-N Fantasy Football League 3rd Place Finisher Awarded to the 2007 I-N Fantasy Football League 3rd Place Finisher Awarded to the 2007 I-N Fantasy Basketball League 3rd Place Finisher Awarded to the 2009 I-N Fantasy Baseball League 3rd Place Finisher Awarded to the top 10 Members with the most posts Awarded to the top 10 topic starters
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2017, 05:54:56 PM »
all this arguing on TV about 3rd string guys lol
Bite it Big Ten, here come the MIGHTY ILLINI

Offline ctibass

• Awards
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2017, 06:03:41 PM »
My guess, looking at it from the outside is he wants guaranteed starting position and wants top tier money.  That, to me, is the only reason why Seattle wouldn't bring him on, or somewhere else with a mobile starting qb looking for a backup.

Offline bwbp3

• My Badges Awarded to the 3rd Place Finisher of the 2013-14 I-N Fantasy Football League Awarded to the 2013 I-N College Pick 'Em 3rd Place Finisher Awarded to the 2012-13 I-N NFL Pick 'Em 2nd Place Finisher (2 place tie) Awarded to the 2010 I-N Fantasy Football League 3rd Place Finisher Awarded to the 2007 I-N Fantasy Baseball League Champ
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2017, 06:26:20 PM »
He had a higher qb rating than guys like Rivers, Flacco, Eli, Cam Newton, and Palmer last year. He had a better QBR than Newton, Bortles, Tannehill, Eli, Wentz.

He's better than the bottom 10 starting QBs no doubt, but I'd assume money is an issue for him. He would absolutely improve some of the worst teams in the league by a win or two, but what good does that do? And no one will bring him in as a backup because of the headache that would cause. You'd have to pay him decent money, and the second your starter has a bad game, there'd be birds chirping for him to get time. Can't undercut your starter like that unfortunately.

I get the system angle and obviously the developmental angle for other qbs to get time on worse teams, but I think Kaepernick would give teams like the Bears a better chance to win a few more games this year.

Would I sign him? Hell no.

Offline Hawk

• Administrator
  • My Badges Awarded to the 2007 I-N Fantasy Baseball League Runner-Up Awarded to the 2009 I-N Fantasy Baseball League Champ Awarded to the 2007 I-N Fantasy Basketball League Champ Awarded to the 2008 I-N Fantasy Basketball League Runner-Up Awarded to the 2013-14 I-N Fantasy Football League Champ Awarded to the 2013 I-N Fantasy baseball league Champ Awarded to 3rd place winner of Fantasy basketball for 2012-13 season Awarded to the 2013 I-N Bracket Challenge 3rd Place Finisher Awarded to winner of Fantasy basketball for 2011-12 season Awarded to the 2010 I-N Fantasy Hockey League Runner-Up Awarded to the 2010 I-N Fantasy Basketball League Champ Awarded to the top 10 Members with the most posts Awarded to the top 10 topic starters
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2017, 06:53:57 PM »
He had a higher qb rating than guys like Rivers, Flacco, Eli, Cam Newton, and Palmer last year. He had a better QBR than Newton, Bortles, Tannehill, Eli, Wentz.

He's better than the bottom 10 starting QBs no doubt, but I'd assume money is an issue for him. He would absolutely improve some of the worst teams in the league by a win or two, but what good does that do? And no one will bring him in as a backup because of the headache that would cause. You'd have to pay him decent money, and the second your starter has a bad game, there'd be birds chirping for him to get time. Can't undercut your starter like that unfortunately.

I get the system angle and obviously the developmental angle for other qbs to get time on worse teams, but I think Kaepernick would give teams like the Bears a better chance to win a few more games this year.

Would I sign him? Hell no.

he posted a 55.5 last year but a 46.5 the year before...for an average of 51 over the last 21 games of his career

here are the other guys you mentioned last years QBR
Rivers - 63.3
Flacco - 58.6
Manning -55.4
Newton - 54
Palmer - 60.4
Bortles - 48.9
Wentz - 55.4
Tannehill - 55.5
If you don't read the papers you're uninformed. If you do read them, you're misinformed - Mark Twain

Offline Hawk

• Administrator
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2017, 06:54:33 PM »

another reason why its so maddening

Offline Beast

• Awards
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2017, 12:35:56 PM »
I just don't understand these guys...

https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/896886236375166976

Bennett is seated on the bench, on the left side of the photo as the rest of the Seahawks show respect.

Offline Beast

• Awards
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2017, 12:39:32 PM »

Offline Hawk

• Administrator
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2017, 12:56:19 PM »
the simple way to make this go away is if people just stop acknowledging it. if your child throws a temper tantrum do you pander to them, no...Let them do whatever they want to do on the sidelines. if people stop indulging them with attention about it, it will stop, trust me it will stop. Players will find better ways to express themselves off the field in their personal time instead of at work.

Media and social media are giving all this too much attention, making a bigger deal about it all then it is, and magnifying it way past ridiculousness